• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cash for Clunkers, 4.0 kill video

wow :shocked: what really grinds my gears is most of the parts in that engine were probably still salvageable before that, to keep older cars running in a good enough condition to still pass smog. such a shame.

I want to see someone do this with a new car and see how long it lasts. Dump the oil on the ground, make a smokeshow, and then buy a plastic car- for the environment. WTF.

Where's the clunker? I see a clean WJ that was worth at least $4500 on the market.

wow :shocked: what really grinds my gears is most of the parts in that engine were probably still salvageable before that, to keep older cars running in a good enough condition to still pass smog. such a shame.
Shhh...quit using logic! The people who like this will come in and call you a zealot!

Wow, that ran for a pretty good amount of time. What would be great is to engineer the engine to run off of that liquid glass stuff, then when they add it to the engine and it still runs great, they'd be like WTF OMG?

Wow, that ran for a pretty good amount of time. What would be great is to engineer the engine to run off of that liquid glass stuff, then when they add it to the engine and it still runs great, they'd be like WTF OMG?

Hahah, I bet it would be pretty difficult to design something that uses liquid glass to lubricate itself.
Maybe just make a dummy oil system!! with like a fake drain plug that drains a remote resevior of oil, and then a fake fill cap that doesnt go into the engine!! then they try to kill it and it runs fine!! :gee:

hell I'd buy what's left of it and put a new engine in

Yeah Im more comfortable with a late term abortion than that wtf. Thanks barrack and the libs!

I did trade in value on a 2000 WJ with a 4.0 4wd and 120K miles(just guessing) and it came up to $3000 so the former owner made out OK but still killed a good vehicle.

They did not drain the oil and I would bet they did not put in the sodium silicate. I just did 12 vehicles and the motors seized within 10sec except for a V-8 explorer that lasted a minute.

It was definitely sad on about half of the cars, especially when my lot porters are driving cars much, much worst vehicles then what I just ruined.

Wow, that was a dumb comparison...

:soapbox:

So stupid to destroy a perfectly good vehicle.

I think of something more P.C. later for you and the sons of Obama.

Back