• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cars you hate

I don't "hate" any cars. C'mon,.... they're glass, rubber, metal and plastic squished out of a mechanical tube onto a showroom floor. While I prefer my Jeeps I am still envious of those Japanese and euro cars that get double my gas mileage particularly now that prices for gas are through the roof. As a mechanic RandyD71 has a valid "Hate Complaint." Otherwise I don't care what everyone else is driving unless their vehicle is in ill repair and dangerous to be on the road. If everyone drove XJ's than XJ's would be vanilla and I'd probably be driving something else that I could put my own distinctive signature on.

5-90 said:
You know, everytime I see a Honda Element or those silly little Scion whatevers, I've got this urge to have some fibreglas mock-ups of, say, the top third of a slice of bread made up (scaled up, of course...) have a lever made to go on the back, and paint the thing chrome (with the lever on the back and the bread on the top.)

Is it just me, or do the damn things look like toasters?

5-90
Every time my dad sees one of those, he says the same thing.

Its funny, a lot of the cars that I see mentioned arnt all that bad. Yes, they arnt the best looking car, or dont work all that well, but they arnt that bad. Personally, I would drive a H2. Think of all the high school girls I could get driving one. Id rather drive that then an Avalanch or an Aztek. But to each his own.
And I do hate the H2, but I dont think its all that bad.

Starboard M said:
Every time my dad sees one of those, he says the same thing.

Its funny, a lot of the cars that I see mentioned arnt all that bad. Yes, they arnt the best looking car, or dont work all that well, but they arnt that bad. Personally, I would drive a H2. Think of all the high school girls I could get driving one. Id rather drive that then an Avalanch or an Aztek. But to each his own.
And I do hate the H2, but I dont think its all that bad.

Yeah, but who wants to date high school girls? I mean, honestly (and pardon the phrase here - I don't usually do this,) who would want to put up with all the melodramatic horseshit you're going to get? Why buy trouble when you get enough for free? (And if you don't, I can send some your way - and take a load off me...)

Let's see, the H2 is derived from the HMMWV, which replaced the M151 MUTT - and not very well. I'd take an M151 over the HMMWV in the field, no doubt.

Most newer cars don't seem to tolerate hobbyists well, so they're out of the running.

Point? I suppose I haven't one, but I'm still waiting for Detroit/Osaka/wherever to come up with something else I might actually like - and I'm not seeing a lot of that...

5-90

There are alot of cars I don't like but what I really can't stand is the stuff people do to cars. The worst in my book are those stickers that go across the top of the windsheild and say the name of the car. "Grand Am" "Grand Prix" Thanks a$$hole I didnt notice what you were drivin there. Is it special? Is it fast? Can I be your friend and tell people In know you?

What is it with people in those pontiacs anyway? They really think those things are rockets, pulled straight out of the ALMS GT paddock. OK I'll calm down,
only my opinion of course.

FattyPatty said:
There are alot of cars I don't like but what I really can't stand is the stuff people do to cars. The worst in my book are those stickers that go across the top of the windsheild and say the name of the car. "Grand Am" "Grand Prix" Thanks a$$hole I didnt notice what you were drivin there. Is it special? Is it fast? Can I be your friend and tell people In know you?

What is it with people in those pontiacs anyway? They really think those things are rockets, pulled straight out of the ALMS GT paddock. OK I'll calm down,
only my opinion of course.

Hey not all Pontiacs are bad, I had an all black 1990 Bonnivelle SSE(Super sport Edition) fully loaded with the 3.8L in it, and that thing hauled ass. It came stock with 280hp and around 250ftlbs.It
honestly kept up to a camaro's with V8's. The Bonneville's had an optional but rare V8 option... I wanted one soooo bad. I miss that car, well mostly just the power. :(

Now, back on topic.

I hate Subaru Tribecas. I never knew what a pair of testicles with wheels under them looked like until I saw that.

Oh, and anything that rolled off the "Pimp My Ride" line. Who wants a juicer in the trunk of their car? Does anyone know what happens to those poor vehicles. Do the owners sell em'? Some of them were better before than after.

Sand

i saw a chevy or something, i dont really remember, but it was a decent rig, nice and high, decent tires. the kid liked to "offroad"

they turned it into an RC car, and put it on 22s, then put video screens in the mud flaps... What the F***

i hate that show, but i had to see if they would actually make it look good... stupid me

Ford mustangs, Ford F-150's, Any riced out car..any Truck or SUV with bigger than 16" Rims, All 2wd suv's and trucks, Hybrids, Explorers, and my least favorite is any hummer!!..I usually don't like drivers of these cars either!

sandman said:
I hate Subaru Tribecas. I never knew what a pair of testicles with wheels under them looked like until I saw that.

I see alot of the Saab 9-7x in my area; a Tribeca rebadged as Saab except instead of the subaru boxer 6 engine (best part of the tribeca) they have slapped in a GM vortec motor into it, netting worse fuel economy and marginal lb/hp gains, all this in a yuppie wagon at a base price starting right around $40k... :rolleyes:

what's not to be hated...

Gey a$$ VW Eurovan especially the corny Westfalia "pop-top" edition

:puke:

the stupid Chevy celebrity...makes me wanna vomit with all those stupid countries flags on the side for no reason

:puke: :puke:

AND THE CONTUOR SVT......WTF???!!! why would you want a ricier contour...so what if it has a 2.5L v6, geared really short, and it has a factory body kit..... its really queer....and even super queer if your one of those "domestic tuners" and you swapped a Taurus SHO engine in :puke: :puke:

they turned it into an RC car, and put it on 22s, then put video screens in the mud flaps... What the F***

I saw that one... The one guy said "to stick with the offroad look, we'll put 22 inch lexanis under it..."

wow. And don't forget that quad that they gave to the guy that got pimped out too. That screen on the front of it will get so scratched no one will be able to make out the picture.

I try to watch every episode hoping, "maybe they'll do something cool this time." Sure enough, it never turns out right.

They'll have an XJ sooner or later. That day will be the end of the world.

whew, i feel a lot better.

Sand

LilRhodyXJ said:
Gey a$$ VW Eurovan especially the corny Westfalia "pop-top" edition

:puke:

the stupid Chevy celebrity...makes me wanna vomit with all those stupid countries flags on the side for no reason

:puke: :puke:

AND THE CONTUOR SVT......WTF???!!! why would you want a ricier contour...so what if it has a 2.5L v6, geared really short, and it has a factory body kit..... its really queer....and even super queer if your one of those "domestic tuners" and you swapped a Taurus SHO engine in :puke: :puke:

I've always wanted to know what the deal was with the celeberty and those flucking flags it's an american car ahhaha. I hate H2, H3 (I've lived in CA my whole life and There's billions rolling on 22"+ Rim's that get washed everyday) almost all Jap tuner cars, PT crusers, S-10's (owned one, got stuck, in the mud, twice, within minutes on flat ground) rangers, FWD MonteCarlo's with the NASCAR package, I can go on all night, im calling it quit's

hmm... i'm not gonna get into make and models. but i hate stupid design flaws. ie. no cup holders, std.trans with no tach, paddle shift on the column. also, i hate people with vehicles that fix the wrong thing ie. "my vehicle just got a "x" motor and now it does 4.5 sec 0-60, i think i should fix the brakes soon." but mostly any std. without a tach, how else should i know when to shift when my stereo is louder than my engine?

jeppo said:
hmm... i'm not gonna get into make and models. but i hate stupid design flaws. ie. no cup holders, std.trans with no tach, paddle shift on the column. also, i hate people with vehicles that fix the wrong thing ie. "my vehicle just got a "x" motor and now it does 4.5 sec 0-60, i think i should fix the brakes soon." but mostly any std. without a tach, how else should i know when to shift when my stereo is louder than my engine?

my first xj had no tach and a standard, it was the dumbest thing ever.

My first vehicle, a dodge truck, had the same damn flaw. A dumbass friend of mine at the time saw my truck and told me that to do a really good burnout I had to get this gauge (as he pointed to my self installed Oil press gauge) to this point (as he pointed to 80 psi) then dump the clutch. Don't worry I informed him what a dumbass he was being, even though I was only 16 I knew better.

WTF said:
I see alot of the Saab 9-7x in my area; a Tribeca rebadged as Saab except instead of the subaru boxer 6 engine (best part of the tribeca) they have slapped in a GM vortec motor into it, netting worse fuel economy and marginal lb/hp gains, all this in a yuppie wagon at a base price starting right around $40k... :rolleyes:

what's not to be hated...

that's actually a trailblazer, hence the vortec 4.2 I6

SteelblueSteve said:
The Avalanche is by far the vehicle I hate the most. There is plastic holding on plastic. Looks like a hot wheels truck on steroids and probably isn't as sturdy

haha...imagine all of the amorall one of those must require! they've only been out a couple of years and i've already seen a bunch with sun-damaged plastic

LilRhodyXJ said:
AND THE CONTUOR SVT......WTF???!!! why would you want a ricier contour...so what if it has a 2.5L v6, geared really short, and it has a factory body kit..... its really queer....and even super queer if your one of those "domestic tuners" and you swapped a Taurus SHO engine in

that is a pretty damn fun car! better than just about anything in its class at the time (except for the recalls)...now that we have all these badass RWD cars though, FWDs aren't even in consideration for me

Some avalanches don't have the plastic.....

But my Father has a Honda Element. Although I think it is underpowered, it has a TON of room.....more than I've seen in any other mini van/SUV out there!

Back