• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnegie Closure

buzzbombxj

NAXJA Forum User
I will try to sneek out the house on Monday, I think it is worth it to save the park even if I never ride at Carnegie anymore. I hate that that all the trails are 2 way, nothing worse then hall'in around a blind corner and finding a quad comming at you at full speed. Also not much for the jeep in that park, but I have not been in years so I will try to get there monday.

Who is going?

This is very important, if the greenies can close Carnegie, Hollister, Pismo, Stoneyford, Frank Raines and all the other OHV Parks will be next! There are evil forces out in this state that we must stop.

I just got back in about 30 minutes ago; I got there, wheeled, and made it back no problems, nice when it happens. They did not charge 5$ at the gate today, which is a shame really since it was more packed than I have ever seen it. It sprinkled all day and it was greasy slick in places, lots of fun. I forgot how fun mud actually is, but I am dreading washing my jeep. I’m going to miss this place. Its only 40 minute’s way from where I live.

Carnegie was on the morning news they showed shots from the other day, looked like a big turn out, and for now it sounds like the closer was pushed back till Jan 11th.

Very good press coverage, so definitely refreshing. We met with Amy last night, CORVA, and the appeal is definitely working in our favor. One of the main issue with this suit and request for the permit, is that it is opening precedence. Aside from closure, one of the bigger impacts that may end up happening is that it could heavily impact riders, and end up creating some type of "trail enforcement", i.e. no broader land roaming. As opposed to riders, most 4 wheelers stick to trails, but again everything ends up snowballing and impacting everyone one way or another.

Back on the suit, the appeal required for the suing party (fishermen), to show proof of the metal level (they used data from a few years back as the creek is seasonal). The rain is not really helping, but we'll see what happens. Still everyone is hoping for the best.

Some pics:

IMGP0447.jpg

IMGP0444.jpg

IMGP0440.jpg

IMGP0435.jpg

IMGP0434.jpg

IMGP0451.jpg

IMGP0457.jpg

IMGP0428.jpg

IMGP0426.jpg

IMGP0423.jpg

IMGP0415.jpg

IMGP0413.jpg

IMGP0424.jpg

i dont think greenie is a good term for the people that want 4x4 trails closed.
they are just hypocrites.

they are worried about soil erosion in a dry creek :flamemad:

to be totally honest the creek has water in it at least 5 months a year, im not defending there cause, im just saying.....i only know this because i lived in Livermore for 2 years and would frequent there.

Back