• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage...

radiator
windshield
both self inflicted.
passenger rocker rail brackets are boned, not sure about that one.

I might find more after I take it all apart to fix things. But so far... Lost the pinion nut, damaged the pinion seal, could have been a lot worse. pushed a tire off the rim, no real damage done. Then, broke a leaf main spring, jammed it through the floor and into a battery. Melted a hole in an ARB line with my exhaust. Smashed my tie rod pretty bad. Blew a power steering high pressure line. Threw a belt. Dead alternator. Lost a VHF antenna. Bad wheel bearings. Passenger front brake rotor and pads trashed, warn premium hub broken. Pretty sure I have a loose t-case chain, bad SYE output bearing, and I think I have a u-joint gone bad

All his and Taylor won the carnage award? That doesn't seem right lol.

I don't think he has a screen name on here so I'll fill in for him. This is all on Big Booty Judy; The big green and black 4 door JK with the Magnason Blown 6.0 LS and 42" rubber.

He busted the CV on the front driveshaft which dented the trans pan and caused it to pour fluid. A Little hammer action, some fluid and a new gasket and that was fine. He had the driveshaft fixed and we wheeled the rest of the weekend. On Saturday he was climbing the hard exit of Your Turn and blew a stock left 14 bolt shaft which took out the detroit locker too. So a front drive shaft, rear axle shaft, and a locker. Doesn't seem too bad to me...

I broke: A right rear axle shaft and my right front strut messed up coming down the mountain, but Ive had problems with that one it the past. They can't seem to get it right. One of my fuse blocks got too hot and melted slightly (cheap parts store one) so I replaced that while there but t was already messed up before the trip. I also had to replace the coil after starting Lions Den and getting far enough in that I couldn't tow it out lol.

Ruined one of the tie rod ends on my brand new Ruff Stuff 1-ton steering on day 1. Got it back down the mountain and after some frustration in trying to get help from RS on crossing their part number, I finally found one in town for $15 at O'Rilleys. They even ordered 4 more from the warehouse with my name on them at no cost to me in case I trashed the new one. Props to them for going the extra mile to help.

Radio also died on day 1. Tried a new radio from Walmart and didn't fix it. Figured it to be a problem in the factory wiring somewhere. Wheeled the whole week with no tunes at all. Just the sounds of the Jeep trying to come apart. Unloaded the Jeep yesterday but left it outside overnight. Pulled it back in the garage this evening and the damn thing started working again out of the blue.

In other words, stupid piddly crap.

Yes, MAD props to the oreillys in Harlan! When Taylor broke that CV it messed up the carrier bearing and the manager there took 30 minutes looking at my Business account trying to find where I had bought it so he could warranty it lol. We told him it wasn't a big deal and didn't expect him to make it up. It was only $18 anyway so not a big deal. But they were definitely very helpful!

Last edited:
Broke a Warn M8000 when the cable wound up on one side and split the crossbars, broke an RCV inner shaft on the exact same rock on Little Jager that Beer Goggles broke his on.

Few scratches on the wheels and a couple of roll cage bars.

• Oil pan dented in, but still working
  • Lower control arms bent
  • Skip plate bent
  • broken trans mount rubber
  • Transfer case thrust rod will not stay in place
  • Mystery mud keeps falling out of strange places
  • Melted Zombie Light Switch-(Forgot a relay)
  • It's all good!
  • Had a great time with old and new friends!

All his and Taylor won the carnage award? That doesn't seem right lol.

I don't think he has a screen name on here so I'll fill in for him. This is all on Big Booty Judy; The big green and black 4 door JK with the Magnason Blown 6.0 LS and 42" rubber.

He busted the CV on the front driveshaft which dented the trans pan and caused it to pour fluid. A Little hammer action, some fluid and a new gasket and that was fine. He had the driveshaft fixed and we wheeled the rest of the weekend. On Saturday he was climbing the hard exit of Your Turn and blew a stock left 14 bolt shaft which took out the detroit locker too. So a front drive shaft, rear axle shaft, and a locker. Doesn't seem too bad to me...

I broke: A right rear axle shaft and my right front strut messed up coming down the mountain, but Ive had problems with that one it the past. They can't seem to get it right. One of my fuse blocks got too hot and melted slightly (cheap parts store one) so I replaced that while there but t was already messed up before the trip. I also had to replace the coil after starting Lions Den and getting far enough in that I couldn't tow it out lol.

SCRedkneck lost all the wheel stuff on the way home. Maybe I was wrong on that but I thought blowing up a 14 bolt was quite spectacular..... :spin1:

Yes, MAD props to the oreillys in Harlan! When Taylor broke that CV it messed up the carrier bearing and the manager there took 30 minutes looking at my Business account trying to find where I had bought it so he could warranty it lol. We told him it wasn't a big deal and didn't expect him to make it up. It was only $18 anyway so not a big deal. But they were definitely very helpful!

I worked for Advance for 3 years and tried calling them in town first. I was put on hold for 10 minutes before I finally hung up and called O'Rilleys. They (in particular the Harlan store when i'm up there) will be getting a lot more of my business.

Oriellys in town couldnt get my clutch master for a week, so the guy behind the counter called advance and had them get one.

The oriellys in harlan is ok in my book

We ended up with a busted taillight and minor hatch dent, from the opening section of can opener I think it was.(didn't do all of that rock section)
Yes, yes it was. Should have taken my line, dude!

Radio also died on day 1. Pulled it back in the garage this evening and the damn thing started working again out of the blue.
Mine went out for about 2 hours on Saturday. No rhyme or reason for it.

Otherwise, I think my power steering pump is about to crap. And I lost my Perry the Platypus antenna topper somewhere near the Heli Pad.

I think I may find some new pinstriping on the passenger side when I get around to washing it.

Like Timbo said - piddly little stuff.

datapety.jpg

This is 043500's winch motor that fell victim to Intimidator.

I cannot eve tell what that is!

It's the winch motor from his Comanche. Those permanent magnets on the outside are supposed to be 4 solid pieces. They broke and jammed up against the armature.

Just so happens there is a company for aftermarket motors, DBElectrical. Fortune has it they are about 1.5hrs away in Kingsport TN. If my theory is correct a replacement motor for Ramsey should fit. Going to load up the winch sometime soon and see if one will fit.

It's the winch motor from his Comanche. Those permanent magnets on the outside are supposed to be 4 solid pieces. They broke and jammed up against the armature.

Just so happens there is a company for aftermarket motors, DBElectrical. Fortune has it they are about 1.5hrs away in Kingsport TN. If my theory is correct a replacement motor for Ramsey should fit. Going to load up the winch sometime soon and see if one will fit.

Oh I see now!
I have my old replacement motor for my Warn M8000 that I bought on the shelf if you want to try that one.

Oh I see now!

I have my old replacement motor for my Warn M8000 that I bought on the shelf if you want to try that one.

Warn is definitely a different style. I'm working off a theory that Ramsey sold their design to a China based manufacturer, and these HF/Mile Marker/etc winches are based off the old permanent magnet Ramsey REP series. If this is the case a replacement motor should be available and would be stronger/faster than the original.

Back