• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can't keep it started

I had a good stream too, but the 90 XJ ran like crap and would die in a minute. You really need to see the pressure. It would have saved me a LOT of time, trouble, frustration and money if I had checked the pressure with a gauge from the very beginning.Check the pressure witha fuel pressure gauge.

Very good advice. Simple stuff first and moving onto other things without verifying proper fuel delivery would be a mistake. You could have a weak pump; checking fuel pressure by pressing the schrader valve and observing is not definitive by ANY means. Gotta get readings and compare them to factory spec.

When was the last time you changed your fuel filter? Do so if it's been a while. Be sure your battery is up to snuff if fuel delivery checks out. Your vintage TPS can be tested and adjusted with a meter and a manual.

Good Luck!

Back