• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can't figure out what trim level my XJ is...

The Sport got gauges. Only the SE had idiot lights. Sounds like an SE with optional wheels. I'm not sure if they dropped the SE for 2001, or only the 4-cyl version of the SE.

I've seen some SE's with Automatics....not sure if they were that way from factory, or added in.

The 60th anniversary ones had a different wheel package...that looked like this: http://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...th+Anniversary&type=jpeg&no=10&tt=27&ei=UTF-8

Where as the Sports, when upgraded, came with these wheels (ECCO): http://firstcommunity.com/wheels/cars/images/01_Jeep_Cherokee_Sport.jpg

The Classics came with the same wheels as above on the upgraded sports, only they were the Charcoal Gray color.

Yours sounds like a stripped Sport model. I also thought they had done away with the SE's in 2000. The gray plastic trim on the outside was found on the Sport models. The Classics, Limited, and 60th's got the trim painted to match the color of the Paint.

Full gauges were standard on Sports. A "stripped" Sport might not have things that were optional, but would still have the standard equipment for the series.

i'll try to take a pic tommorrow, its just that every time i think of it, it's dark outside. Does anyone have a better pic of the ecco's? they look just like my wheels, but i wanna make sure

i just did the carfax thing.....

Year/Make/Model: 1998 JEEP CHEROKEE SE
Body Style: 4 DR. WAGON/SPORT UTILITY
Engine Type: 4.0L L6 HO MPI
Manufactured In: UNITED STATES
Search Results: 4 records found in our database

i have cruise, power locks, windows, air and cloth seats. its also an automatic. i got the good rims, which i painted black to match the paint.

bajacalal said:
I could be dead wrong but I thought sure the SE model (which I have but have upgraded a few things) was only avaliable with a manual transmission so that rules out having an SE. So I'm thinking Sport, but maybe came from the government?

I have an SE with auto, power mirrors, cruise, and a full guage cluster, no rack no tint and vinyl. Everything else in manual. I do not have side molding and the CHEROKEE on the side and back is a sticker. I do believe mine was a fleet vehicle with some special order options.

If you go to NADA.com or KBB.com one will tell you what model when you enter the vin if I remember right the SE it will have F28 in the vin.

Go on D.C.'s Jeep website under contacts and give them your VIN and they will email you a complete build sheet for your vehicle showing packages and options. Had mine in 15 minutes.

barns12 said:
Go on D.C.'s Jeep website under contacts and give them your VIN and they will email you a complete build sheet for your vehicle showing packages and options. Had mine in 15 minutes.

link?

Back