• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can anyone bend this tube for me?

twodoorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I plan on making some shock mounts that go through the floor, and i need two ~180 degreee bends. I can drive to you, i have the tubing (1.5 inch 120 wall), I also offer many different types of payment, american dollars, beer, lunch, etc.

The only one I can think of is Liquid Iron Industries in West Berlin, NJ. They could do it for you. At one point I designed a bolt-in shock mount setup to be bolted in the back of an XJ then welded. It was based around tubing bent like that. I had a hard time finding someone to bend the tubing 180*. I changed my design and tied mine into the cage, but I put alot of thought into putting my shocks through the floor, and it works real well. If you look up "Project: Geriatric Dinosaur" in this forum, you'll find pics of my setup.

This is to wierd!!!
Wednesday night i'm going to AMF "After Midnight Fabrication" to bend my shock hoops.
I'm also doing 180 degree. It should give me about 11" inside the hoop.
If you were closer I would do it for you for a few beers.
If you can get the tubing to Lancaster by Wednesday afternoon I will do it for you.
Andy, You might know the guy. Kris Gongloff in Hershey. He co drives with Otter in the Rausch Creek races.
Anyway, i'm sure you want closer but if it doesn't work let me know if I can help.
Stukboy

PS: Macho Man is dead!!! Ooohhh YYeeeaaaaa!!!!!!!

im sure macho man randy savage wouldnt mind helping you out, he was always a good sport about bending metal objects.

you'll have to dig him up from the grave first, then bribe him by telling him you can get him "lovely Elizabeth's" phone number, then he'll probably do it for ya :doh:

I got my fronts bent the other night.
Even though it's far, if you need them done and get me the material and i'll do it for you.
Stukboy

Bender.jpg

shockhoops.jpg

Back