• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can anyone beat my gas mileage

dellstopjeep said:
just seeing if anyone gets worst gas mileage than me.
im now up to around 130 miles a tank
there is reason for it, 33's and stock gearing
enough said on why its so bad
oh yeah, and my engine is older than sh*t
runs good but very old
so if your only getting 180 miles a tank dont feel bad
becasue there is people doing much worse like me
filling up every 4 days.
this hobby isnt cheap!

i have gears sitting at home, cant afford to have them put in though. maybe one day i will see 200 miles a tank
ONE DAY.........

Dunno why no one caught this yet but ...... ~15% bigger tires= 15% less mileage shown on the odometer. So it's really 15% better than you're thinking it is.... but it still does suck :) :)
Mike B.

Centrevillemx said:
Our f-250 with the 5.4 (2003) with a Cat-back and Cold-air, gets about 7 MPg in the mountains pulling a trailer with touring motorcycle on it.

My 04 F350 with the 6.0 can't seem to break the 10 mpg ceiling when the 28' GN with about 10k on it is hooked to it, hills or not... which has been sort of a dissapointment so far (the 6.0's were supposed to get better mileage than the 7.3's). But it's still better than the ole 2wd 78 f250 with the 460 in it that I still run the most, about 6-7 mpg with only about 5-6k behind it (was about 4mpg before the rebuild this spring)
Mike B.

3.07's, 31's, 3.5" lift, i get 270+ per tank. That's 270 indicated (probably 300 or so)....the odometer and speedo hasn't been recalibrated.

My XJ is a bit of a freak though...i routinely got 20mpg city and 25mpg highway before the lift/bigger tires .

raypla said:
Talk bout bringing up a dead thread :laugh3:
Ahhh, the good ole days!
"......but it then costs $38 to fill the tank at $1.82/gal gas prices........"

Hmm doesnt sound to shabby, mine I think is pretty good for a stock '88 Renix doing 18MPG/City. On my Cressida which was a DOHC straigh six with 2.8L of displacement, was getting 23MPG/City, and the highway Ive gotten usually 32MPG. Got it to 99.9MPG once, got up to 80MPH then reset the super computer and let off the gas :D

I get around 13 in the city, and around 17 on the highway trips. That is with a 3" lift, 31x10.5's, and recalibrated speedo.

Back