• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can anyone beat 280,000 miles?

1993 XJ with 287,000 and still going strong. the past 100,000 have been with different lift and tire combinations...no real problems yet!!

87 Wagoneer with 281,981 All original.

I just hit 91,000 on mine, but I have a question for all of you. When mine was a little baby, 4000 miles, I was hit hard in the front, cut in half and had another front end welded on. The motor is the same one that was in it when it was wrecked. I have put new driveshafts on it because of the lift I'm running, But does my mileage count as being on original equipment?

Semper Fi said:
I just hit 91,000 on mine, but I have a question for all of you. When mine was a little baby, 4000 miles, I was hit hard in the front, cut in half and had another front end welded on. The motor is the same one that was in it when it was wrecked. I have put new driveshafts on it because of the lift I'm running, But does my mileage count as being on original equipment?
What year truck& what sized tires? Gear changes?

i have an old XJ in the bushs behind my house with 568,702 miles! and a truck in the driveway with 1,204,382 miles on it! It's a peterbuilt tho...

111.230 miles with my 1990 4.0, AW4, 242. Original drivetrain except for gears and suspension, I use it every now and then on the street, it's more like a weekend warrior and tril rig for me.

lowrange2 said:
i have an old XJ in the bushs behind my house with 568,702 miles! and a truck in the driveway with 1,204,382 miles on it! It's a peterbuilt tho...

well what year and is the motor and trans original?

ROBZ95Xj said:
Got 192,000 on my 95. Only motor work was waterpump & T-stat. Also got to mention about 10,00 miles ago when the t-stat went i drove it 20 miles home with the temp needle maxed out and all it killed was the waterpump wich was going anyways.

Until you realize the front part of the 4.0 sits higher than the rest and at that temperature youre putting NO oil to the front cylinder and you guaranteed to do MUCH damage to your motor internally on that trip.

That is unlese the factory gauge was off ;)

Zoro said:
What year truck& what sized tires? Gear changes?
mine is a 2001 with the 4.0L running General grabber AT2's 265/70/16's (31's) with the 3:55,s still in it. Runs great and there are very few times I wish I would have re-geared. so does my mileage count as original being that it was wrecked, cut in half, welded back together, lifted, driveshafts changed, and bigger tires?

Semper Fi said:
mine is a 2001 with the 4.0L running General grabber AT2's 265/70/16's (31's) with the 3:55,s still in it. Runs great and there are very few times I wish I would have re-geared. so does my mileage count as original being that it was wrecked, cut in half, welded back together, lifted, driveshafts changed, and bigger tires?
Uh, sure. But since you're 300,000 miles under the record, I wouldn't be too concerned with if it "counts."

-----Matt-----

yeah I know but I plan on getting there someday. the first thing I have to do is stop using fram filters. I just read about them a couple of week ago, I wish I would have found out about them sooner!!

x99j said:
well what year and is the motor and trans original?

It's an 87 with original engine, 2nd trans... its still in great shape tho... as far as the body... eventually ill pull it out and make it run and drive over top of shit.

89 XJ 4.0, Maybe, but the Speedo cable broke years ago at 175,000 :laugh2:

67 Galaxie 500 rag top 398,000 and still runs like a top (390 4bbl)

lowrange2 said:
so whats the record so far? I guess mine doesnt count since it not running anymore? ~568,702~

i think you might be the record? others on here would know better. there was urban legend on here of one going 700,000 with the original motor but it was 3rd party information.

Back