• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camp Grill

WaXJ_Skier

NAXJA Forum User
I've had this for close to 15 years, I cook on it 3 times a week when its not the dead of winter. Just now is the heat plate starting to show signs of weakness. Even the piezo igniter still works. It runs on blow torch cans or Colman cans and you can get a hose to hook it to a 20#er. I usually use a 10# tank and I get a whole season almost out of it. For $60 you can't go wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-1141001-Go-Anywhere-Gas-Grill/dp/B00FX3MH1O/ref=sr_1_4?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1493077747&sr=1-4&keywords=weber+portable+gas+grill

71hlH2PhHqL._SL1500_.jpg

so how well do those "grills" work for camp cooking where you need to cook in a fry pan or a pot?

I've successfully but unintentionally converted my passenger floor board into a grill. Not sure of the BTU capacity, kind of depends on speed and RPM, but it'll cook most non metallic object nicely.

Back at camp I use a Coleman camp stove. Single burner on one side, and a "grill" area on the other with optional skillet. It's versatile enough for my needs.

I've had this for close to 15 years, I cook on it 3 times a week when its not the dead of winter. Just now is the heat plate starting to show signs of weakness. Even the piezo igniter still works. It runs on blow torch cans or Colman cans and you can get a hose to hook it to a 20#er. I usually use a 10# tank and I get a whole season almost out of it. For $60 you can't go wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/Weber-1141001-Go-Anywhere-Gas-Grill/dp/B00FX3MH1O/ref=sr_1_4?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1493077747&sr=1-4&keywords=weber+portable+gas+grill

71hlH2PhHqL._SL1500_.jpg
I have this one. I use it a could times a week for over 4 years

so how well do those "grills" work for camp cooking where you need to cook in a fry pan or a pot?

I don't think they work well for frying stuff in a pan or cooking in a pot, they have a shield inside to give indirect hear and prevent flare ups. I carry the Coleman 2-burner stove in addition to the grill for that reason. Most times I just take the stove.

I have one of those webber grills, they don't heat that evenly. This grill purpose would be specifically for grilling, I have multiple two burner Colman style stoves as well as backpacking stoves for other types of cooking. My big needs are dual burners with independent controls, and space under the lid so I can grill larger items.

Back