• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camber and my death wobble what is left?

I fixed my Death Wobble by installing caster shims after adding a 3" lift.

Exactly. More caster- up to a point- acts to make the steering return to center and makes the vehicle more stable and less apt to wander. It can also help with death wobble. There's a compromise with the front differential u joint angle though which can introduce driveline vibration if that angle becomes too acute. The only way to get more caster at that point is offset ball joints (won't do much) or reposition the inner "c"s on the axle (lotta work). Or maybe an exotic driveshaft.

Whatever the cause, we gave him two pages of advice and now he's dumped us! How sad.

Didn't dump anyone I have been on vacation this past week, actually just got home today. Had too much going on before I left to mess with it. This is not a daily driver for me so there is no big rush for me. I do drive it on the street and to the trails so I would really like to find this so I can feel safe driving it again. Still has a small pop in the stearing that I would like to track down, really hoping if I find it that will be my fix. Going to look at the tre at the pitman arm and also see if the mounting point for the track bar on the axle has ovaled out at all. About how much faster could I put in it compared to where I'm at now? If the other two things don't pan out I'll try that next. Really do appreciate the advice and ideas and when I do get it figured out I'll make sure to post what the problem was.

Also I just got a track bar brace and a jcr steering box spacer and ordered a steering box brace which is on back order. Got the track bar brace installed but still need to put the steering box spacer on. Don't think any of these will fix my problem but figured they can't hurt to have.

Those are good steps. Hope it works. I had an early Bronco on 35s that drove me nuts with D/W. Finally had to move the inner "C"s for more caster and that did the trick.
Are you anywhere near Carlisle?

Back