• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CAM spec's

Flash

NAXJA Forum User
Is there any way of accurately change a seat to seat cam spec to @.050 or a DCR calculator like this one..........

http://www.wallaceracing.com/dynamic-cr.php

that will figure it with @.050 in stead of seat to seat?

Trying to figure out Dynamic Compression Ratio with all the cam spec that i have collected but some are seat to seat and some or @.050.

Thanks
Flash.

Contact the manufacturer. There is a thumb rule for how steep the opening/closing ramp can be made using a flat tappet (that I don't recall offhand - I'll have to see if I have it written down anywhere...) but that doesn't guarantee that the opening/closing ramp will follow that rule - it's just a maximum, designed to eliminate interference between the edge of the lifter barrel and the cam lobe. It can always be shallower, you know...

Even though manufacturers typically give their "seat-to-seat" timing at a set lift, that's still only .006", sometimes less. It would be more useful for what you're trying to figure out than timing @ .050".

What cam are you looking at? I may have the information somewhere myself...

OK time to explain my self a little bit better!

What I'm trying to do, is first, figure out what the DCR (Dynamic Compression Ratio) of a stock Renix 4.0 with stock cam and head...........then i can us my Dyno sim to fig out what cam will give me a simile DCR with a stroker and different compression ratio and cams.

I have gathered all of your cam spec and head flow spec as well and some form Dr Dyno. But some are at @.050

The problem is that the stock Renix cam is is figured @.050 and the link i gave ya above is for seat to seat!

Sooo i can't build my basic Renix DCR with that calculation!:sure: make sense or did i confuse every body.

the simplest solution would be able to have a calculator like the one above but the number crunch in @.050

Flash.

Flash said:

What I'm trying to do, is first, figure out what the DCR (Dynamic Compression Ratio) of a stock Renix 4.0 with stock cam and head...........then i can us my Dyno sim to fig out what cam will give me a simile DCR with a stroker and different compression ratio and cams.

I have gathered all of your cam spec and head flow spec as well and some form Dr Dyno. But some are at @.050 EDIT at SEAT TO SEAT!

The problem is that the stock Renix cam is is figured @.050 and the link i gave ya above is for seat to seat! EDIT @ .050(VIC-A VERSA)

Sooo i can't build my basic Renix DCR with that calculation!:sure: make sense or did i confuse every body.

the simplest solution would be able to have a calculator, like the one above but the number crunch in @.050 EDIT....... at SEAT TO SEAT!
Flash.

Woooop EDIT the Renix can is figured at seat to seat and the link above only figures it, at @.050

There's got to be a calculate out there on the net that uses seat to seat aether then @.050!!!!!!!!

Flash.

Flash said:

I have gathered all of your cam spec and head flow spec as well and some form Dr Dyno. But some are at @.050

The problem is that the stock Renix cam is is figured @.050 and the link i gave ya above is for seat to seat!

the simplest solution would be able to have a calculator like the one above but the number crunch in @.050

Flash.

Get my answer to your PM? It's usually a matter of having the right sources...

Back