• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CalRocs!!

This is again - this weekend - at the Mustang Ranch, near Reno, NV

leaving now. Be sure to stop by for a beer if you make it up there! :thumbup:

We attempted to take a bonus line, to lock in our ranking, on the last course of the weekend. It had been a pretty close competition with Dennis Stansfield in the #36 Toyota. It didn't work out well for us, put us on our side, and couldn't self-recover.

We are looking forward to the next event July 10-11 at Donner Ski Ranch!

Was Opie cry'in?

The only time I have seen Opie unhappy was when his sister was sitting shotgun in my junk on the way out of Barret, I was sure he was going to cry then.

Was Opie cry'in?

The only time I have seen Opie unhappy was when his sister was sitting shotgun in my junk on the way out of Barret, I was sure he was going to cry then.

If you remember, Dave, I had really wanted to ride with you too, it wasn't just Opie!

There is another CalROCs this weekend at Donner Ski Ranch!

Come see exciting drivers like 2009 36-40 buggy champion Brian Whitford, 36-40 full body Rick Bailey, and of course Opie and me in the yellow G&G Offroad 35s and under buggy!

There is another CalROCs this weekend at Donner Ski Ranch!

Come see exciting drivers like 2009 36-40 buggy champion Brian Whitford, 36-40 full body Rick Bailey, and of course Opie and me in the yellow G&G Offroad 35s and under buggy!

Borrowed G and G Offroad Buggy on borrowed 35's delivered on a borrowed trailer?

phpfFV5hpIMG00684.jpg

We held a tight race for 1st place all weekend. End of Saturday we were 9 points down, 1st course on sunday, we made up 4 points.
Took a cone we didnt intend to on the 2nd, but we were running low on time.

Dan Patterson has some serious seat time in a very well tuned for cone dodgeing rig.

I think that pulling off 2nd place by 33 (could have been 23 if we were took the bonus on the last course, but we decided not to because we couldnt catch him anyway) is damn good.

35" & under C1 C2 C3 C4 sat. total C1 C2 C3 C4 sun. total grand total
426 D.Hoglund 38 38 39 40 155 12 20 37 -3 66 221
777 B.Carskadon 13 18 40 40 111 1 39 32 37 109 220
124 D.Patterson -3 -13 24 40 48 -7 -1 -1 -13 -22 26
91 P.Weeks -2 -1 20 40 57 -10 4 11 -3 2 59

Phil had about 30 minutes of seat time in the rig at Prarie City and had never driven in competition and I have maybe 5 minutes of spotting time under my belt, I think we did great.

The rig is VERY capable, and VERY front heavy - it climbs like no other rig I've watched. And that stroker really opens up when you step on it :gag:

Thanks Goatman for the rental rig, thanks Starboard M for the rental tires, and thanks to my buddy ken for the trailer in the nick of time.

Come on out for the next event August 21-22 and drink bud light, and watch people do stupid things with jeeps!
If you want to come for both days, let me know in advance - we might hace some cabin space.

Phil pulled off a 2 for the day on sunday? :worship:

Will you have use of the G & G rig for the Aug 21-22 event?

Yeah! Phil had excellent throttle control and was able to make the rig do some amazing stuff.

I have no idea what rig we will be in for the next event, but I know it wont be mine, and I expect that Richard will have had a hand in working on it. :roll:

Thank you Dave. It is the support of all our friends and family that makes it worth it. I am glad Richard had the confidence to put me in his rig for the first time to go compete. Maybe he will join CalROCS for 36-40 Buggy in the future?

There will be some sort of "G&G Off Road" sticker at #4 I'm sure.

Had a great time up there this weekend. Phil and Opie gave Dan a pretty good challenge, and I think they have the potential to beat him in August.

I sure learned a lot, thanks to Opie and a few others. Devin and I still have plenty to learn, but we did a LOT better on Sunday. The day goes a lot better if you don't roll your driver.

Back