• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico Run

tgregg said:
I have been to the RV park at Calico but I don't know where the bunk house is. Since I will bring our motorhome what is the situation logistically? I don't care about hookups, just a flat place to park the M/H and Jeep trailer.

The bunkhouse is located to the right of the entrance road into Calico. Your cheapest bet would be to get an overflow spot (the camping area to the left of the entrance)

gallery_138_32_17596.jpg

Last edited:
jjmat3 said:
Suppose I should read the whole thread but....
What trails do you do there? Which trail, which day? I'm thinking of showing on Sat. morning. Which trail for that day?

Trails will vary on trail conditions and attendance. I can promise that there will be lower doran entrance Carnage on Sat. Otherwise then that, there will be something for stock, nearly stock and built.

All cabins are booked at this time so I will camp out at campground #2 space #2 for friday/saturday,don't like staying in motels in Barstow I want my junk to be there untouched when I get up in the morning. Put me in on BBQ or? for saturday night.

More info:
1. We will have a BBQ Sat night (not sure what yet or how much $)
2. I think there are still spots at the bunkhouse (I will get a quick count done in a day or two and confirm with the other people who reserved).
3. Trails? Something for everyone: easy, medium, hard (not much but the hard part will be pretty hard).
4. Friday night I recommend the ghost tour @ the ghost town (info I believe is located on their webpage: www.calicotown.com)

Kejtar said:
More info:
1. We will have a BBQ Sat night (not sure what yet or how much $)
2. I think there are still spots at the bunkhouse (I will get a quick count done in a day or two and confirm with the other people who reserved).
3. Trails? Something for everyone: easy, medium, hard (not much but the hard part will be pretty hard).
4. Friday night I recommend the ghost tour @ the ghost town (info I believe is located on their webpage: www.calicotown.com)

Is Capt. Ron gonna do the tri-tip, garlic bread, beans and Ardis' (sp?) salad???

99xjache said:
Is Capt. Ron gonna do the tri-tip, garlic bread, beans and Ardis' (sp?) salad???

I think Mei is the one who drops the peanuts :D

cracker said:
I think Mei is the one who drops the peanuts :D
They did a great job of it last year. It was Delicious.

Kyung

Just made reservations at the Oak Tree Inn, next to I-15, 3 miles from the Ghost Town. Gonna avoid the snore house this year. :)

xjohnnyc said:
Just made reservations at the Oak Tree Inn, next to I-15, 3 miles from the Ghost Town. Gonna avoid the snore house this year. :)
How much was the room?

$75 per night. But divided by three people, it's not too bad.

Plus it includes free breakfast at Peggy Sue's Diner.

xjohnnyc said:
$75 per night. But divided by three people, it's not too bad.

Plus it includes Peggy Sue for free.
fixed

erikwylie said:
Dan,

two friends means my wife and I!!!! (I hope!)

Well it either means you and Holly OR some other strange freak of nature was talking to me about it today. Either way Holly is invited in her jeep :)

anyone know if A-1 has enough area to park a tow rig with car trailer, 2 xj's and a tent trailer? I probably should have asked when I made the reservation

Back