• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caged XJ $4.5K Folsom

Mike1331

NAXJA Forum User
87 xj Cherokee caged with fully functional back doors and seat.
-Motor is almost brand new with a 98 motor at 70k on lower end and 50 miles on the rebuilt cylinder head, Just put it on last month.
-87 tranny rebuilt at 155k currently at 190k have receipt for rebuild, shifts nice n firm.
-Tcase: Fully rebuilt np231 with a tera 2 low, wider/stronger chain, RE hd sye
-RE Stainless steel extended brake lines front and rear
-Front and rear drive shaft are both identical in everyway from the front of another Cherokee.
- Stock XJ Dana 44 rear, full spool, Yukon 4.88 gears, Superior Alloy hardened shafts, ruff stuff diff cover
Rear susp:
-National 10 leaf pack, $600 pack
-VERY beefy boomerang shackle w/ zurked grade 8 bolts
-18"travel 2.5" body FOA nitrogen charged shocks, I sent them back once to get revalved and re-sealed. Hole in floor is sealed w/ neoprene wet-suit material, works great.
-Custom rubber bump stop system cross-braced and fully bolt in (look closely in pics and you'll see)
Front Susp:
-Skyjacker 6" Coils
-Rubicon Express (RE) Upper and Lower control arms
-RE drop brackets, Front Caster is within 3* of factory, no death wobble.
-RE monotube front shocks.
-Rock Krawler Bomb proof track bar w/ life time warranty, its beefy
-Currie Steering, solid stock rod w/ high angle bj's,
-RE coil insert bump stops
-Rusty's Steering box brace
Front axle:
Dana 30 from a 97 abs equipped cherokee, open, Yukon 4.88's, shafts have ½ ton ujoints, new calipers rotors and pads.
misc
fiberglass front fenders
c4x4 tow hook bracket system
Rear class 3 hitch wired for towing
5-37" procomp Xterrains on black simi locks

Int. carpet and headliner is out, I was going to rhino line for ease of cleaning and minimize weight.
Needs a sensor replaced for the engine not sure which one, if you can work a multimeter i'm sure you could figure it out quickly, i don't have time for it right now.
Pioneer mp3 head unit wired up for a sub and amp i can include one 10" sub if desired w/ amp.
Has a New Distributor, alternator, tranny filter, fuel filter, cps censor, belt.
I always keep fluids clean and use oil formulated for older flat tappet engines
I"ll most likely keep the rear shocks as i know i'm not going to get what i want for this, which is 6k but i need to unleash it asap. Pretty firm on the price at 4.5 so don't insult me.
I've spent around 14 grand on this thing
I daily drove it for maybe 30k miles then started building it up, i've gotten a new toy and am just ready for something bigger.
call or text
nine one six-eight34-2836
Located in Folsom (near sacramento), ca 95630

b82d79c4.jpg

Con2012106.jpg

Con2012120.jpg

Con2012085.jpg

Con2012033.jpg

shock.jpg

cage.jpg

prairieshity.jpg

call or text
nine one six-eight34-2836
Located in Folsom (near sacramento), ca 95630

this thing wheels like crazy. I've been out with it many times.very well built rig. the front dana 30 also has a diff skid, i didn't see it on the list.

This is the best deal around right now for any cherokee out there. Tell yo friendsss!!!

thanks fella

Fogot i have some front frame plate stiffeners that are unistalled and the lowest point of the oil pan is plated with a-50 steel.

:):):):)!!!! i want this thing... i just told my buddy cody about it and hope he will contact you about it!!!

This rig gets i done! If I was in the market, I'd be all over this thing.. Especially at this price.

GLWS

If this doesn't sell soon i'm going to start parting out. Sad for such a straight and mostly rust free body. I'm willing to cut the cage out if anybody wants that for $450.

Last edited:
mike line me up. you are going to make me go broke my friend. you know what I dont have and what I need. starting with the cage

I really wish someone would balls up and buy this beast. but if you have to part it out, line me up. I think you are going to make me go broke my friend. you know what I need.

If this doesn't sell soon i'm going to start parting out. Sad for such a straight and mostly rust free body. I'm willing to cut the cage out if anybody wants that for $450.

TEMPTING.... very tempting... Ill see what i can do. I have thing i need to sell now lol

Cage is your josh if i don't sell it. I'll need help pulling it out. It went in pretty easily by just pulling out the seats so i'll do that again when the time comes.

you got it buddy

Back