• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage construction

I'm setting up the control arm lengths for the front. One thing I'd like to do is have just one spare lower arm for both front and rear.
Since I'm using the 7075 (or is that 7570?) aluminium I'm thinking that having such a long arm front won't be a problem.
It will put the mounts basically where the stock lowers mount anyway (to refresh your memories, the wheelbase has been shifted forward to bring the
engine back further toward the center.)
BTW the arms would be 36" eye to eye.

haha it still around if by around you mean sitting unfinished in the garage. last time i saw him he was tellin me about where he was and if im not mistaken the hang up has something to do with the front axle and hydraulic stearing???

dscn1729.jpg

wow, you stole my idea, ha ha. i've got the front half of of a 91 that's been sitting behind the shop for 2 years. i dub it the poor man tube chassis. mabye i'll get around to actually building it within the next decade...
how long have you been working on it?

I believe Rick may have switched his attention to convert this beauty to a dually rear :gee:

Can you find me another 35? That 60 is too big.

I think you should do a double d35 setup in the rear. Their cheap/practically free and 2 d35s add up to a d70 which I hear is as strong, if not stronger, than a 14bolt.:idea:

hey cracker....i think u finally found an avatar thats nearly as fitting as your old old one

Ha! Which one? I've had many since I've been on here.

Back