• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buy my Jeep or fix it for me$$$- 98 XJ almost done

nitrogt101

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sad to say it, but I have run out of time and energy to finish my jeep. I will briefly describe: I was in an accident in July 07, hit front passanger corner. Unfortunatly, insurance totalled it due to the control arm mounts folding under on the axle.

Since then, I have placed a used D30 under the front, freshly painted, and straight. I replaced all the bent body panels(front clip, right fender, radiator support). I replaced the steering with stock used parts. Everything appears straight and correct now.

Here is what I have into the rebuild and some of what it has from before. I did everything on the rebuild the right way, anything I replaced, I replaced with high quality, and if there was even a question of it being damaged in the accident, I replaced it.

-Rubicon Express Upper Control Arms, Lower Control Arms, and Trac Bar
-Bilstein 5150 shocks in the front
-Old Man Emu steering stablizer
-JKS upper shock conversions and lower bar pin eliminaters
-C.A.P.A. certified front clip
-ACOS adjustable coil spacers and stock coils

Existing:
-Rubicon Express leaf springs- give about 4-4.5" of lift
-Rancho 5000 shocks in rear(adjustable, used, planned to go 5150's back there too)
-Custom Rock sliders, bolted to pinch seam and welded to "frame"
-K&N intake w/ cone filter
-JET Stage I computer chip
-Gibson Exhaust piping, welded, with Flowmaster 40 muffler
-Custom bent downpipe to eliminate factory kink
-lookalike Banks header, has worked perfect for about 15k miles
-31" BFG AT's on black steelies, 31" procomp MT on matching rim for spare

What needs done:
-I have a new(refurbished from Kragen) steering box waiting to be bolted in, the old one sprung a leak from the impact to I replaced.
-Headlights, blinkers, marker lights need installed. I have new E-Code housings with an HID kit that will be included, along with all the other lights new in boxes.
-the D30 might be geared different than the 8.25, for now the driveshaft is removed up front. I was planning on doing gears/lockers after the rebuild.
-It needs a front bumper, I do not have one for it. I was going to go JCR.

I have Rubicon Express 4.5"(I think, might be 5.5") coils waiting to go in, I was waiting until after the jeep was driving. They come with the Jeep.

Here are some pictures of it before and during the build.

100_0718.jpg

100_2040.jpg

100_2645.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_0489.jpg

I will take some current pictures tomorrow.

If someone is looking for a good deal on a jeep that just needs a little bit more work this is it. The hard work is done!

I am starting with $3,000 asking, considering only what is cost me to buy back and money into fixing it. But please make an offer, everything will be considered. Also can be a partial trade for Infinti G35 or the like.

If you are in Ventura County and want a little extra cash, PM me and we can talk about you finishing this for me, I can pay if it is reasonable.

howdy, i know jeeps and i work cheep. Sounds like 3 days of good hard work and you should be done. Hate to see one go away so close to being done.

what did you use to get those wheels to fit, I have a set of 08 sahara wheels I want to use on my 90 xj

Those wheels are from a TJ Rubicon, same bolt pattern.

Ah man, you already did the hard part(collecting parts), wouldn't take much at all to get it going. Take a little breather and get back at it, sometimes a break will do wonders for your motivation.
Chris

PM sent

I hope you find your motivation to continue on. Just think, when it's done you will be able to do runs and meet and greets and just have a great time with it. Please stick with it, I think you will be glad you did.

Ah man, you already did the hard part(collecting parts), wouldn't take much at all to get it going. Take a little breather and get back at it, sometimes a break will do wonders for your motivation.
Chris

I've been on a break from it for 6 months. :dunno: I would love to get it going, my dad is also giving me a hard time for it sitting in the driveway still.

Anyone in Ventura County have a shop/yard I can store this for a month while other members fix it for extra cash??

so you dont want to sell??? i got dibbs if you do :)

Here are a few pictures of how it sits.

IMGP8139.jpg

IMGP8138.jpg

IMGP8140.jpg

IMGP8141.jpg

Sorry for the boxes in it, it has become a storage container for spare parts and left-overs.

Last edited:
I'd seriously consider this if I wasn't looking for another 2 door.

Here are a few pictures of how it sits.

IMGP8139.jpg

IMGP8138.jpg

IMGP8140.jpg

IMGP8141.jpg

Sorry for the boxes in it, it has become a storage container for spare parts and left-overs.

I'll trade yah for my 2-door....:)

Back