• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bushwacker flares

Okay okay. I did go a bit extreme with my compairison. I give ya that. BUT, I do feel that I was making a valid point. I said "theres a law that says you have to have flares". He replied "nobody cares".

THATS what I was getting at. Yes I have sped, rolled through stops, and jaywalked. But I dont preach that I'm purposely going to do it, and that no one gives a sh*t.

It was apples to apples... just very, very red apples to very, very green apples. :viking:

ArcticXJ said:
Okay okay. I did go a bit extreme with my compairison. I give ya that. BUT, I do feel that I was making a valid point. I said "theres a law that says you have to have flares". He replied "nobody cares".

THATS what I was getting at. Yes I have sped, rolled through stops, and jaywalked. But I dont preach that I'm purposely going to do it, and that no one gives a sh*t.

It was apples to apples... just very, very red apples to very, very green apples. :viking:

Arctic (just commenting, BTW, no argument here), what I meant by my nobody cares statement was actually emphasizing "nobody", not the cares part. By nobody I mean the law and the users, effectively negating the law. Those rare times when someone does get a warning it's about mud flaps, not the flares, so rocks don't get kicked up and thrown into other traffic. The mud flap thing is for lifted rigs, and it is very rare to get a warning about that here in CA. So, what I was really trying to say was that it's just not an issue.

Yes, I care about and respect the law. No, I don't care about meaningless laws that aren't enforced. If we want to start going over meaningless laws that aren't enforced, we can go on and on about silly laws in every state.

N8 DAWG said:
I know that New Hampshire D.O.T.s test for proper tire coverage is to drop a coin from the top outside edge of your fender flare. If it hits the tire then you're illegal. I know this from experience. :mad:

- Nate.

Been there, done that, bought the Ticket.
In Washington (at least on me) they used a plumb bob if the string touches the tire before the flare, you're illegal. Funny thing is, I was told that they have to pull you over for something else first.

BTW Mud on the vehicle that falls off when you drive down the road, is considered an "unsecured load" An ill tempered sheriff told me that.

Dingo

Yeah, I got a ticket for that.

The cop told me that the only two things, by federal law, that are allowed to be emitting from your vehicle (aside from exhaust) are these:

Water.... and get this.... Chicken feathers. :viking:

I guess I am one of the lame ones as well. When I go to 35's and 4" more lift next year I am getting a set of BW's. I am running 31x10.50's on 15x8 rims with 3.75" BS now and I stick out a little. When I go to 35x12.50's I am gonna stick out a bunch. I have considered getting a rim with more BS but I really like the ones I have.

I must say this thread sure took a turn. As far as Bushwackers. I believe it is up to the individual. If they want to prevent mud flying down the side of the vehicle and in the cab if you happen to roll your window down to get your bearing. By all mean get them. I went with a thinner Mud terrain and different backspace because the ones I had spit mud into my Jeep. My stock flares catch it now. Some XJs look awesome with them. MtnTech's being one of them. Others do look kinda lame because they have the wrong back space or to small a tire. The bottom line is if you likem buyem. Myself anything with the word Bush in them I'm staying away from.
Uh oh do I sense another turn ?
Heh heh heh ! :laugh3:

Back