• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushwacker flares on 2000 xj

Brian Felts

NAXJA Forum User
i just installed a 3 inch rough country lift and 8inch pro comp steel wheels w 30 x9.50 tires. my clearance sucks. the rims have 3.75 backspacing. I want to install bushwacker cut out flares but mine is a 2000. what can i do about the bumper ends and bodyside mouldings? :skull1: :skull1: :skull1:

Bushwackers look rediculuous with anything smaller than 35s, IMHO.
After every Jagbag with BWs and 33s(SeanR) defends themselves, maybe we will see some pics.
HTH.

I want to go to 32s but I dont want to go any higher what woul you suggest
:skull1:

Trim the metal below the flare mounting holes, only losing 3/4" front and back, and then trim the lip off of the factory flares.
Picture an awning.
31s work well with 3" lift and stock gears are still tolerable.
32s are a whole new batch of probs, especially with a newer XJ.
I run 10.5 tires with no flares at all on my 1999 with 4.5" lift, and it legally squeaks by.
Do a search for some pics before you decide.
HTH>

bgcntry72 said:
Bushwackers look rediculuous with anything smaller than 35s, IMHO.
After every Jagbag with BWs and 33s(SeanR) defends themselves, maybe we will see some pics.
HTH.

Pay no attention to the man behind the (chese) curtain.

BWs look good, I think.
Just beprepared to replace them alot if you do any 'wheeling at all.
I have lost mine so many times.
They look god on mall crawlers, but are a PITA for "real" 'wheeling.

bgcntry72 said:
HTH.
Hey Bg, a little respect here, that's President Jagbag.

If I were you I would just trim the stock flares and call it good. I agree that BWs do look a bit weird with anything smaller then a 35. I think Jeepin.com has a write up on it about BW installation. If you do end up using the BWs, trim the bumper caps a bit and they will fit. I don't know what the body molding that you are talking about is though. If you really want to, just take the flares off and trim untill you can't anymore party1:

I like the BW, they keep the mud from flying in the windows when the tires are thowing it up. I think they look good too, but they are expensive to replace when you loose one.

standard

33's look fine here.

standard

BillR said:
I think 33s look fine w/Bushwackers.
How often do you "lose them"?

We have lost them 3 times, found the lost pieces twice. One we found a week later.

Trying to go through too tight of places and the bolts ripped out of the fenders. The ones they send with the BW's don't have good enough thread too hold. I suggest using a larger corse thread.

Some of us live in states that the tires can't stick out past the fender flare. My tires are about 2 inches past the fender. IF I get pulled over I will be putting BWs on. They're occansionally on ebay for less than $300.

what is the biggest tire anyone has run with BWs and 3 inches of lift.My rims are 15x8 with 3.75 B.S.Suddemly 31s just arent big enough any more.

Back