• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper build

Sounds like your kinda workin backwords, the hoop before you have a bumper to put it on, ha, keep us posted.
i made the bumper yesterday this is what its gonna look like when finished
i6hyd2.jpg

ok it was off by 10 degrees but i fixed it and got the hoop done today, mounts are tomorrow
What i'm doing for my bumper is using a tow hook set as a reinforcement plate for my mounts, so i'll make my mounts and then weld my tow hook plate to the outside of the mounts. Haven't decided if i wanna flip the hooks up for more clearance or not. Maybe something to think about...

The tow hooks and mounting plate i have..

xj-th_01.jpg

The bumper with the tow hook mounted. EDIT: Hook is singular because the guy i was wheeling with had no recovery points so i lent him one of mine haha. (sorry for the crappy picture it's the best one i have)

l_5025b87c8fbb48dbaa9bb94cd7903292.jpg

I'm going to put in panels on the sides of the center section and gusset around the hoop a bit too. Good luck with your build!

Last edited:
Back