• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bulletproof mfg rear bumper dimensions and pics.

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to fab a rear bumper similiar to the bulletproof mfg rear bumper. If anyone has one for 84 - 96 cherokee and could take the measurements for me i would really appreciate it. I would also like some pics if that is possible. Thanks in advance, NICK

96XJCLASSIC said:
I am looking to fab a rear bumper similiar to the bulletproof mfg rear bumper. If anyone has one for 84 - 96 cherokee and could take the measurements for me i would really appreciate it. I would also like some pics if that is possible. Thanks in advance, NICK

Handlebars & I have that bumper, I don't have any good close up shots.
his photos are at
http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/home?inv=EC563FF20B67501
if this link works

and mine are at
http://community.webshots.com/user/xjblue

IMHO if your going to build it, build one better than bulletproof, give it better coverage and protection for the lower part of the rearend/corners. The tricky part would be getting the swingout (if that is what you plan) as nice and rattle free as the bulletproof. I would also think it would be better to take off your exsisting bumper to take measurements, then just build it to a custom fit. hth

Thanks alot. Yea I am gonna set out on this fab mission this weekend. I am gonna pull the bumper and take the measurements that way. Does your bumper use the existing factory bumper mounting points and a frame rail mount or just the factory bumper mount locations? NICK

This should help you out.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

This bumper uses a piece of angle iron running to the reciever hitch mounting points for additional support, don't even consider leaving that out. The factory bumper mounting pads are very flimsy, I wouldn't trust them to hold up a 150 lb. bumper and tire, much less use it to support a trailer or as a recovery point.

Thanks Alot Again. Those pics really helped me out. Thanks, NICK

HIJACK!!!

Where'd those chains come from? I'm hoping to need some for mine and I was thinking of going with the diamond pattern link instead of the cable.

How small do those fold up?

bburge

Back