• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built a rear gargo rack for my XJ today

I had intended to run a lag bolt from the bottom up and wing nut it, but once I got it all lined up two of the holes would have been in the frame area and I would not have been able to get to them. So I just ran large self tapping screws (2 on each side) from the top and called it good. Its strong and can come out with a few turns of the wrench.

Well I went down to Harborfreight with the printed out add and it was a no go. The manager actually laughed at me when he saw the add. I guess I was like the 5th or 6th person that came in today with the same add. He informed me that harborfreight has never listed that item for that price. He said it was probably photoshoped and then just posted on the internet. He sold 3 racks before he caught it. I guess John and two others got sweet deals but I was too slow. It looks like I will just keep my eyes out for a similar rack.

Well I went down to Harborfreight with the printed out add and it was a no go. The manager actually laughed at me when he saw the add. I guess I was like the 5th or 6th person that came in today with the same add. He informed me that harborfreight has never listed that item for that price. He said it was probably photoshoped and then just posted on the internet. He sold 3 racks before he caught it. I guess John and two others got sweet deals but I was too slow. It looks like I will just keep my eyes out for a similar rack.

That sucks, maybe thats why I couldnt find the image again when I went re-looking for it to post for everybody. Sorry guys.

Do the awesome reflectors show through the hatch with the door closed?

Not with my tinted windows. I originally took them off, but decided to put them back on to fill the screw holes that were there.

good score and great idea. It would be even MORE pimp if it was interchangable so that you can still install it on the hitch when you need more room in the back

good score and great idea. It would be even MORE pimp if it was interchangable so that you can still install it on the hitch when you need more room in the back

Four bolts off the legs and four bolts to hold the hitch part on and I could put it on the back of the jeep. It would only take 10 minutes to convert it back.

That sucks, maybe thats why I couldnt find the image again when I went re-looking for it to post for everybody. Sorry guys.

No big deal. Two guys did make good on the add. Not sure if they were NAXJA guys or just some random person who stumbled across the same add you did.

Back