• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

built 93XJ part out

XJLI

NAXJA Forum User
my poor baby has seen the last of her days, the last 8200 miles were hard and shes been beat. the unibody is shot plus everything else isn't worth the money to rebuild the old girl to be perfect again.

things i'm keeping:
rear hatch
a few engine bolt ons
thule bar & fairing
amber hella 500s

things that are too XXXXed for you to buy unless you just want them:
driver's side rear door
both front fenders
header panel
everything related to the ebrake
gas tank
gas tank skid

so here's the list of stuff, i won't ship the big crap. most prices are neg, duh.

D30-
good:
gusseted LCA mounts & pass side UCA mount
4.56 Yukons
NAPA premium 260x u joints
Spare 297x shafts (one long and one short)
trackbar mount drilled out to 9/16"
one ton steering
solid diff cover
rotors, calipers, and pads have less than 10k on em
lubelocker
always run w/ full syn fluid

bad:
both hubs are making noise
pass side ball joints are shot
its a teensy weensy bit bent at the Cs
the good part is, hey, you'll be replacing the ball joints so you can get adjustable ones yay!
$500

D44-
yukon 4.56s
aussie locker
ruffstuff cover
teraflex ubolt yoke
lower shock mounts raised 1"
lubelocker
needs axle seals on both sides
drum brake adjusters are frozen, so the rear brakes dont work at the moment, but break it free or pick up ones from a yard and they'll be fine. brakes were rebuilt when the axle was ~18k ago
always run w/ full syn fluid
$500

NP242 (original, 182k) w/ hack & weld SYE.. just like a hack and tap, but the yoke was welded on instead of bolted. it works, leaks a teensy bit (like a drip, never had to replace fluid over the 8200 mile trip) but you wont be able to change the seal well, bc its welded.
$85

TNT Belly for 242/241 (has the little extra pocket for the larger tcases) $150

solofabworks front bumper w/ d-rings $200 (ties in all the way back, has 2 hella 500 mounts welded on)
csaddict customz rear tire carrier (ties in using factory nutstrip mounts) $250

(4) 33x10.5 BFG MT KM1s on 15x7 Jeep Eccos w/ custom rock rash- $200
-two front tires are 25%
-one rear is 50%, the other 65%

(1)15x7 Ecco $20 comes with free 33x12.5 BFG radial MT spare

(4)1.25 wheel spacers $75

AJ's 3/16" SuperRails, rashed, dented - $175

Surco safari rack w/ factory style rail mounts - $175

4.0:
(original) 182k
Compression is meh, havent checked in two years, I know the oil control rings are bad in at least 2 cylinders
no power steering pump
no header
no intake manifold
no throttle body
wound up (100A i think?) rebuilt alternator with ~20k on it
leaks here and there (duh)
still pulls strong as hell though
make an offer

AW4:
(original) 182k
shifts firm, doesnt burn fluid
custom high clearance, low capacity pan
make an offer

(4)Bilstein 8" 5150s.. some rash on em, but they all extend/compress like new- 255/70 valving $250

Rock Krawler HD Trackbar & Bracket (uses big ole 9/16" bolts) 8k miles on it $185

RE 3.5" Coils - $100
RE SF Fixed LCAs, bushings are a tad loose however they're not even a year old - $150
Rock Krawler UCAs, 2yrs old, like new bc RK is beefcake - $150
Rusty's 3" Leafs with an AAL from a stock XJ pack, sit at 3.5" unloaded, just under 3" fully loaded with gear for my trip. Pack has a lot of life in it and flexes very good and rides great, but NEEDS new bushings. Fairly sure it uses stock size bushings - $175

DPG rear bumpstop plates $50
Poly rear 2.5" bumpstops on ghetto fab mounts so they mount in the stock location - $25

csaddict customz LED tail light boxes w/ LEDs - $80
hella 550s (the rectangle ones, no wires) - $50

bestop 97-02 TJ seat covers, charcoal - $70

make offers on interior parts, the center console is a 97 tan painted black, i'll probably clean it with paint thinner so it looks better since the paint is coming off. seats are tan vinyl 97s, great condition bc i had seat covers on.
also have sweet glow gauges that add horsepower.

theres also probably more stuff i can't remember.

all parts will be in nesconset, NY

pics:
4729274795_3c3ee5b172_z.jpg

4743729764_447af38ae7.jpg

4723589714_63807c4dba_z.jpg

:tear::tear::tear:

Last edited:
how about the front DS and rear hatch struts? also is the "custom tranny clearance" from rocks smashing it in? looking for one for a friend.

do those conrtol arms adjust out/fit RE 4.5 setup?

no idea, theyre fixed. check out RE's site for specs.

also do the rails mount to the pinch seem as well as the unibody rail

yup, they mount just like JCR's.
http://ajsoffroadarmor.com/XJ_SuperRails.html

how about the front DS and rear hatch struts? also is the "custom tranny clearance" from rocks smashing it in? looking for one for a friend.

both shafts are 95% perfect since theyre not brand new. but basically no vibes. rear hatch struts i put on when i bought the jeep so theyre in great shape, and yea, some rock smashage on the pan. as far as prices for the shaft/struts, make an offer.

Ryan, if you want it, I got a parts tranny you can have the pan off of fo' $free. Don't think it's even rusty.

Poly rear bumpstops spoken for yet?

Also, is it an easy mod to make the belly skid work with a 231 or no?

interested in the rear bumper. got anymore pics of it? will it hold a 33 spare?

yea, i had a 33 on it, it was on my buddy's XJ before mine and held a 35.

tie ins:
29097_1312219649907_1363110079_30873632_4542971_n.jpg

4729274337_b70c1e9306_z.jpg

Poly rear bumpstops spoken for yet?

Also, is it an easy mod to make the belly skid work with a 231 or no?

nope. and it'll work with a 231 itll just hang lower than necessary. the 231 TNT belly is flat this one hangs down

231-
xjbellypansample.jpg

you cant tell really bc this pic sucks but the part directly under the tcase hangs down an extra 2"
27926_1298159538413_1363110079_30841171_4292603_n.jpg

I'd really like to get one of those 33x10.5's.. dont need a wheel. I need a usable spare.

i figured people would want spares. if i get buyers for all of em i'll separate em.

I'll take the rear bumps. Paypal work for you?

And...

If we can work out some easy sort of pickup i'll take the Belly Skid, if it has to be shipped or I have to drive a long ways out of the way I may as well just buy a new one though.

Are you going to that SIS thing at Rausch on the 6th? Or going significantly north of the Long Island area anytime soon?

Last edited:
pm sent

Ryan, if you want it, I got a parts tranny you can have the pan off of fo' $free. Don't think it's even rusty.

ken that would be awsome, just gotta try to figure out a way to pick this stuff up

I'll take the rear bumps. Paypal work for you?

And...

If we can work out some easy sort of pickup i'll take the Belly Skid, if it has to be shipped or I have to drive a long ways out of the way I may as well just buy a new one though.

Are you going to that SIS thing at Rausch on the 6th? Or going significantly north of the Long Island area anytime soon?

paypal works, as far as going to RC i'm pretty sure on of the kids from LI is going (either wade or jay) that can take the parts to ya.

if you want the bumps before i'll ship em to you otherwise they can accompany the belly skid to RC

front driveshaft, lift struts, tranny, rear bumper

Back