• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built 88 Jeep Comanche (Ohio)

96XJay

NAXJA Forum User
1988 Comanche
133,000 miles
4.0, Auto, 231,
7" lift front, 5" lift rear
non disco D30, 4.10, Lockright, Superior USA alloy shafts, OX Joints
Ford 8.8, 4.10, disc brakes
Rock Krawler long arm, track bar and bracket
RE coils and 1 3/4" spacers, Big Daddy tie rod, C-Rok steering plates
Spring over with stock springs
(5) 35" BFG Krawlers (85%), 15X8" Soft 8's
S&W Cherokee Cage (slightly modified)
Fresh olive drab green paint

Truck has no rust anywhere except for a little bit over the rear wheelwells. Everything else is completely solid. All mods were just done this spring. I have taken it on one trail ride and have driven it about 25 miles on the street.

Awesome truck.

Located near Dayton, Ohio

$6000 cash firm - no trades

pdr_0636_247.jpg

pdr_0635_202.jpg

That does look sweet. Question about the cage, does it pass through the cab? How about the trailer...what' it's condition? Good shape? I was really looking for a two door cherokee, but I do like this truck. Any additional info that may help me buy it? Sale me! :laugh:

The trailer is in excellent shape. Just repacked the hubs and put those greasable hub covers on it. The tires are real trailer tires (not car tires) with about 2500 miles on them. Brakes on one axle, built in ramps and just put new lights on it. But, I am only half owner of the trailer. If you really wanted it I'd have to talk to him first.

If you are SERIOUS pm me your email address and I'll take a ton of pics and tell you everything I know about it.

Oh... the cage goes through the cab above the window and is welded to the "b" hoop.

Cool looking truck.

Looks like it is put together and ready to go. Axle shafts and OX's

I wonder how many hours it takes to build one like this?

500 hours x $10 = $5000 Plus the truck and parts.

Any more pictures.

Hey Jay, I just realized that my email sent it to my junk foldeer. I'm reading it now. Nothing scares me about it and some of the stuff that needs addressed, I was gonna change anyway (like the tires). My intentions are the same as yours were, a trailered trail rig. I would like as many pics as is reasonable. Any conclusion on the trailer? How heavy would you say the trailer and truck are together, as my only tow vehicle right now is my 2001 XJ. Thanks!

What's the 2001 XJ look like? I've got a 99 Dodge 2500... well... the one in the pic above I may consider working something out with you over? It's a gas truck (360 V8, auto) 110,000 miles in real good shape. Send me an email reply whenever you get a chance and we can discuss stuff.

I would guess the MJ and trailer are probably just under 5000 lbs together.

I'm in Germantown, just Southwest of Dayton. The sale is pending at this point but if something happens I'll send you a PM. I'll know for sure by next Friday or so.

Well guys, I'm sure Jay will be in touch as I had to back out of the deal. Jay is a real stand up guy and I think he is really fair. I just found another truck that I want to buy and can't afford the MJ. Good luck to whoever ends up with this rig, it kicks ass! Sorry Jay!

Back