• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build Thread: Life of the Chili Pepper

I did the WJ seats in the baby jeep. Used the seat frames and wired up 12 volts for the recline option.

I used a rear XJ leather seat in it.

mac 'very comfy' gyvr

Some explanation for those not in the know.. The WJ rear seat is 60/40 or maybe split 70/30. Even the lower part under you is split. When you fold them up they will thit the driveshaft tunnel. I'll try to get some pics on here of the seats folded away the best they can.

I was able to get back in the fab shop for a few minutes this afternoon. I've had an idea in my head for over a year and today I had an hour to pull it off. I'm a little disappointed that I rushed and have a few little things that bother me, but oh well. Although I left on great terms, getting back into the shop is a rare opportunity.

I've been wanting to add to my rear bumper since almost day one...

And I'll share the two things that bother me.
1. I needed to make these about a 1/4 inch taller so I would get a little more coverage on the bottom. I'm not super worried though. If something hits from the bottom I won't be too bothered if it only gets bumped upward.

2. I planned to countersink the 3/8" bolts but countersinking is going to be more trouble than it's worth right now. I will be buying some button head bolts tomorrow and running them instead. In the pictures you can see only a few of the bolts installed and not installed correctly because the countersinks are not in place.

I'll get it all wrapped up over the weekend.

Driver side example of what it looked like before.

Mocking up the 1/4" sheet. You can see how bad that rear quarter is warped. I'll have armor over that as soon as it arrives.

Another angle of the mock up.

Spray bombed
FF0D80E5-6497-4921-81DC-2D216D9013EF_zpsedup3q0x.jpg
[/URL]

Near finished product...Also I cut and rolled the lower portion.

I'll be grabbing some pics of other things that I have done and forgot to document: Rusty's cross member and WJ lower control arms....

Big 'enjoying documenting this in one place and boring the MW chapter' Hank

I said it wasn't worth the effort to countersink the holes by hand, then I changed my attitude. I got almost everything wrapped up this evening. I just need to trim a tiny amount of steel off the JCR bumper below my new additions.

Big 'obsessed with WF prep' Hank

Im shocked! I didn't realize the frame was bent on that thing when we swapped Geno!

Egghead

You would not have noticed.. Basically had to try installing a bumper and sway bar. Then it stood out. And only from an inch behind the sway bar to the front. But that includes all the metal the gearbox is attached to.

Big 'no big deal' Hank

Chili Pepper got some armor installed tonight! It's for sure in need of a buff and wax plus an attempt at getting only one shade of black on the rig. Pictures could have been better.

a6enave8.jpg

y5abe6yb.jpg

Big '50 shades of black' Hank

Looks good. What company did those come from? Thinking a set of those will hide the damage on the back corner

Oh man, I like those! One of 2 XJ's with quarter guards in town!

I haven't touched this thread in a while. So here's a little something to keep my jeep progress going...

Updates: Smash Hole lights installed after WF14 and bought some factory aluminum wheels and installed my favorite highway AT's.

5455799e96f7a3c5c65dfec353ba2b6c.jpg

4abed7d64f2ea13589f27a348da024d8.jpg

1f4030bed0e5c5023606ed737428f54a.jpg

f01fb7aeaa93b3da59dab51cac72179c.jpg

Upcoming:
Make power seats work
Full carpet removal and use liner
Maybe time for some nice shocks

Gene, Keep the carpet! I want to put carpet in mine.

Back