• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget friendly non winch bumper options?

DrivnXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My bumper has been missing for a long time, its time to get a bumper finally!
I have looked at quite a few, but cant quite find exactly what I need...

First off, money is an issue so the cheaper the better.

Looking for a basic (non winch) bumper with uni-body tie ins...with 2 options;
D ring shackles
Receiver hole

Is there a solid budget friendly option out there?
I am looking for a complete non DIY bumper, unpainted is ok too!
Thanks in advance for any help :wave:

landlfabrication.com
He's a vendor over at cherokeeforum. Takes a bit of time to get but good quality at low prices.
Your budget itself would help.

DBO offers LAYAWAY!

JCR, if it fits your budget.
Maybe check ebay/local craigslist. Maybe even in your local chapter section.

Budget friendly not so much anymore. A few fabbers dropped their non winch options. Jcr wants a lot winch or not.

Check out custom4x4 fabrication I ran their non winch on my last xj and it was great

If you are looking for a DIY bumper anyway you should consider making your own. You can get tie in brackets from most vendors and build from there.
Get some cardboard from a local store for free and buy some tape to make templates. Trace them out on some cut off steel from the metal shop and weld it together.

There are a ton of front bumper builds on here that can give you ideas. I bought a DIY bumper and built it realizing that I could have cut 90% of the steel from the scrap at my work saving a ton of money.

If you are looking for a DIY bumper anyway you should consider making your own. You can get tie in brackets from most vendors and build from there.
Get some cardboard from a local store for free and buy some tape to make templates. Trace them out on some cut off steel from the metal shop and weld it together.

There are a ton of front bumper builds on here that can give you ideas. I bought a DIY bumper and built it realizing that I could have cut 90% of the steel from the scrap at my work saving a ton of money.

If you read the OP it says NON-DIY

landlfabrication.com
He's a vendor over at cherokeeforum. Takes a bit of time to get but good quality at low prices.
Your budget itself would help.

DBO offers LAYAWAY!

JCR, if it fits your budget.
Maybe check ebay/local craigslist. Maybe even in your local chapter section.

Thanks! I like the L&L bumper, but no mention of tie ins and no receiver hole.
Looks like it would be $300 shipped with hardware (no finish)

If that's with tie in brackets, its a good deal. Though it will cost more one way or another to add the receiver hole.

The DBO option is OK, but id probably just spend a few more bucks on JCR.

Budget friendly not so much anymore. A few fabbers dropped their non winch options. Jcr wants a lot winch or not.

Check out custom4x4 fabrication I ran their non winch on my last xj and it was great

Thanks! JCR does look very nice, but they dont offer the receiver hole option in the basic bumper.
The "Deluxe" with tie ins and receiver hole would run $475 shipped. Looks great, but that is the higher end of the spectrum for me.

The custom4x4 fabrication just doesn't "do it" for me.

Last edited:
I emailed l&l and it bounced back... Are they out of the game?

Thanks to all for the input!

I decided to order from cross enterprises. They were easy to deal with and I thought the prices were reasonable!

Ordered the shock hoop and mounts they make (not ready to go through floor yet!) I ripped out a factory shock mount a long time ago that is in need of fixing. Also got a front bumper with receiver hole and D ring mounts. Even saved a few bucks getting it all unfinished, as ill just be "bed lining" it like the rest of the heep.

Thanks again guys!

Thanks to all for the input!

I decided to order from cross enterprises. They were easy to deal with and I thought the prices were reasonable!

Ordered the shock hoop and mounts they make (not ready to go through floor yet!) I ripped out a factory shock mount a long time ago that is in need of fixing. Also got a front bumper with receiver hole and D ring mounts. Even saved a few bucks getting it all unfinished, as ill just be "bed lining" it like the rest of the heep.

Thanks again guys!
So what did you pay for it? There's no prices on the website.

So what did you pay for it? There's no prices on the website.

The bumper was $299 unfinished, complete with hardware and unibody "tie ins"
The shock hoop was $145 unfinished with lower mounts and hardware included.

2-3 week wait. I thought the price and wait was pretty reasonable!

I see you ordered your bumper already but like posted above, I suggest the rigidco FBG to anyone else reading this post looking for a well priced non winch receiver style bumper, the paint is drying on mine right this moment. very nice bumper, and I give props to the origami wizard that boxes them up, very well packaged

I see you ordered your bumper already but like posted above, I suggest the rigidco FBG to anyone else reading this post looking for a well priced non winch receiver style bumper, the paint is drying on mine right this moment. very nice bumper, and I give props to the origami wizard that boxes them up, very well packaged

So how much was it?

Here it is a month later. No bumper or shock hoop.

No answers to phone calls or voicemails. OF COURSE already gave them my CC info.

Really crappy communication from Cross Enterprises. Buyer Beware.

That sucks that they won't at least return a phone call. I get backed up and sometimes things fall through the cracks. But I at least try and keep in contact and assume the responsibility of delays.

I looked into it awhile back and saw several cases where it took 3-5 months to get a bumper out of him. Enough to keep me from using the guy.

Back