• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

budget boost

raypla said:
What about the rocklizard add a leaf BB? I know its a little more but looks good.

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/lizard_lift_kits.htm

and comes with all this good stuff,

(2) Heavy Duty Progressive Rated Coil Springs

(4) Long Add a Leafs with No-Squeak Pads

(6) Leaf Spring Clamps

(2) 5/8" Center Pins

(4) U-Bolts

If I hadnt already bought my Tereflex kit, I would have saved up for that. Drats, foiled again!

raypla said:
What about the rocklizard add a leaf BB? I know its a little more but looks good.

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/lizard_lift_kits.htm

and comes with all this good stuff,

(2) Heavy Duty Progressive Rated Coil Springs

(4) Long Add a Leafs with No-Squeak Pads

(6) Leaf Spring Clamps

(2) 5/8" Center Pins

(4) U-Bolts

What do you folks think of this? I'm seriously considering getting rid of the droopy droors in my 99' and I'm willing to wait till I have enough money (I'd rather do it right once).

Whats involved in completing this task? 1 day, 2 day.

Does anyone have experience with this product?

Rocklizard is the way to go (no, I don't work for him). It is a little bit more expensive but you're jeep will ride better than stock. It is worth the extra money.

If you're stock leafs are sagging, DO NOT use lift shackles. You will surely ruin your packs in a short amount of time, especially if you wheel at all.

At the very least get a full length AAL. The beauty of the rock lizard setup is that you will use either one or two leafs depending on how much lift you want and how much your stock leafs sag. His leafs are the same spring rate as the stock leafs. No extremely stiff ride like other leafs!

Thanks thats the way I'm going to go. I tow a 16' boat in the summer and it sags really bad then. When I had 2 buddys in the back 1 day, and was going over some frost heaves, I was hitting the bumpstops :(. Hopefully this takes care of it. Right now I think I'm sitting at 16" in the rear and normal in the front (17-17.5"). I have some droppy droors.

for the guys that are interested in the rock lizard bb, don't get the YJ shocks, get a set of ZJ up country shocks
GottaBeJeep said:
Get ZJ upcountry front shocks. They bolt right in and are exactly 3" longer. Atleast this is for the Monroe SensaTracs. Front ZJ UpCountry Sensatrac shock part #37193, 13.375" compressed and 24.250" extended. Front XJ stock Sensatrac shock part #37083, 13.250" compressed and 21.125" extended. I have used YJ front Monroe Sensatracs (#37120, 14.5" C/24.375" E), but they have a sleeve in the bottom bushing instead of a barpin, so you have to press the sleeve out and put in a barpin or BPE to get them to work. Too much work for the same extended length of the ZJ shock, and you lose 1" compressed length using the YJ instead of the ZJ UC shock.

hi there, i recently went through the same search process as you for my 90 xj. I found a 3" lift kit on e-bay, new coils, add a leafs, u bolts and nuts, 1" lift blocks, and new centering pins it all came to 137.50 u.s. Maybe check it out man, it just takes a while to receive like a 1-4 weeks.

Well I just put in some Edelbrock IFS shocks and they were not cheap. Ride,handle,and perform really well. So I'm just going to get some shock extenders from Detours, http://www.detoursusa.com/xjstm.php
Is this a 1,2 day project? I have air tools and a garage and I'm fairly mechanical.
Oh yea no hard core wheeling. Yet, 99' 4.0 my daily driver.

Back