• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BruceB83/Appalachian Armor's Skid plate install w/ Pics

Re: BruceB83's Skid plate install w/ Pics

jimbob said:
I ordered one from Bruce the 26th of june and I have not received it also Ive sent him pms and also e-mail and as of now 16 days later I finally had to cancel my payment.

I ordered mine around that time too, had it less than a week later.

I orderd mine a week ago and sent a PM that day. Next day got a PM back from Bruce stating he is building more and it would be about 2 weeks.

I am another happy jeeper with his skid plate, cheap, easy to install and saved my case this past outing.

mac

i sent him a PM about a week ago that he hasnt responded to. I suppose he could just be busy? I would really like to get one of these. Does he have another way of being contacted?

Hey guys...wanted to check in and let you know what was going on.

Jimbob - I'm glad you like it and again, very sorry about the lack of communication.

nootay - PM's responded too.

To everyone else reading, so you know what happened during sometime around mid/late June till a few days ago I haven't been on here that much. It all started with a death in the family and a very long and drawn out process of memorials and service, I ended up having to go out of town for this. After that finally settled I became VERY busy in personal life and here at work. I'm involved in some pretty heavy projects right now that have been sucking the life out of my brain and have also been doing alot of work around the house. Major landscaping and building a fence (getting a dog :confused1) have consumed ALOT of my time. On top of that, I'm in a men's baseball league that I've been spending alot of time in as well, trying to get my pitching arm back. On top of all that, my friend who helps me with this stuff has been just as busy, if not more, than I have. He's in HVAC and has been working stupid crazy hours like 5am-as late as 10pm. Things are starting to calm down now...good thing since I've hardly had any time to spend surfing NAXJA while working! :compwork:

So I want to apologize to everyone who may have felt blown off, especially jimbob. I value everyones kind words and support from this site since you guys are the majority of the skid plate customers.

I am currently out of these but will have 10 ready to ship hopefully within 2 weeks but might be up to 3 weeks. 3 are sold and the other 7 could go anytime so if you guys want one, pay up to get your name on the reserved list. PM me for pricing shipped to you.

The prices have gone up due to our costs. It's not $70 for NAXJA members and $75 for non-members...plus shipping which I can give you some estimates for your figuring. Anywhere pretty much in the southeast or eastern U.S. (excluding far north) is running about $15, mid-west and above approx Virginia on the east coast is about $20, and the for you west coast homies it's about $20-25.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry to hear that Bruce, hope everything is working out ok for you.

I'm very impressed by the quality of my t-case skid and have already tested it out!

I know you mentioned you were working on a gas tank skid and I'm sure you haven't had any time to yourself. Just wondering if you were still going to continue with that in the future?

MoparManiac said:
Sorry to hear that Bruce, hope everything is working out ok for you.

I'm very impressed by the quality of my t-case skid and have already tested it out!

I know you mentioned you were working on a gas tank skid and I'm sure you haven't had any time to yourself. Just wondering if you were still going to continue with that in the future?

Thanks man...about the GT skid. Lol...I have about 3 or 4 different parts "mocked up" right now. Just need to do some minor detail work on all of them and then get them in production stage. I'll keep you guys updated with it.

Definitely keep us updated! Knowing your quality of work sign me up for one of the first buyers of the GT skid!

Well I finally got around to installing my BruceB83 skid last week. I painted it up with Rustoleum Hammered Black, and it looks great. The installation was pretty easy, and the self-tapping bolts bit in good, it feels extremely solid. I am very happy with the skid and would not hesitate to recommend it to others. A great product at an unbeatable price.

Daedalus454 said:
Well I finally got around to installing my BruceB83 skid last week. I painted it up with Rustoleum Hammered Black, and it looks great. The installation was pretty easy, and the self-tapping bolts bit in good, it feels extremely solid. I am very happy with the skid and would not hesitate to recommend it to others. A great product at an unbeatable price.

Oh, gee...I'm glad I hurried to get it to you...;)...just kidding.

Now take it out there and abuse it so you can tell us how it did!

Went to Ma Bell this past weekend and gave it a good workout since I'm on 31s.

A+ for quality! This thing has already taken some serious abuse from me and hasn't shown any signs of failing.

woohoo i got my skid the other day, hope to put it on this weekend and do my SYE at the same time. It looks great! going to be priming and painting tomorrow. Will take pictures during the whole process for the thread.

I just ordered one of these today!!! Hope the install is as easy as it looks! :yelclap:

Keep in mind guys, the website is up now - www.appalachianarmor.com - and you can e-mail me pics of your Jeeps, and skids, or both if you have 'em, and I will put them under the customer rides section. Feel free to include any specs on the jeep that you want listed!

Let us know how the install goes!

So when is a 242 skid in the making?

~Scott

A 242 test skid is supposed to be cut this week. If it fits without having to go back to the drawing board, then we will get a batch going and it could be ready to ship within 4 weeks. Check out the website for updates, that will be the first place updates are posted - www.appalachianarmor.com

Bruce, when you come out with a gas tank skid, I will be all over that like a bad simile on an Internet forum...

I think you should make one that goes all the way across, even if it has to dip down to avoid the cat. I think it would strengthen the unibody, and distribute stress better when you bottom out on the skid.

Back