• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brown Dog Mounts - write up

Good writeup. These are the next thing on my list!

How did you position the wood ?

Hey Andrey,

I put a 4x6 on the oil pan, overlapping the edge, near the mount location. The pan is pretty strong and should be just fine. If you are worried about it you can place a 2x4 across the pan to distribute the load across both edges and the bottom of the pan or use a 2x4 on the side of the pan at the oil pans mounting surface.

It really is very simple to do and should take less than an hour per side.

Josh

Thx for the detailed write-up!

Now sure if i should post here but anyway here is my little problem.

After installing the driver's side (hand tighten), my passenger's bracket is about an inch off to the driver's side, lowering and raising the engine didn't help.

Appreciate if someone can advise.
(yes, transmission crossbar has been removed and transimssion is now lowered about an inch and supported by a scissors jack.)

I recommend calling brown dog directly... They are experts at troubleshooting the installation of their products... They helped me a ton and tey really are very knowledgable

as far as the oil filters go... i heard that if you are going to run a fram you should use the "tough guard" version. it supposedly has a check valve in it to eliminate dry starts. i use the mobil one or k&n filters. now that i know about the wix, this is what ill use.

Truck7575 - Thanks for recommending BotakBeng call. His situation is exactly why we offer essentially 24/7 technical assistance. We gave him an easy solution to putting everything back into stock position. And thank you both for your business. We appreciate it.

Rocknxj - Congrats on winning the kit. You'll want to use the new motor mounts with your new engine brackets. I'd think there will be plenty of takers on your used set. Be sure to call if you have any questions during the install. We're here to make the install easier and your engine secure!

FYI - We use WIX oil filters on our personal Jeeps.

Mine engine did blow. That was about ten years ago. They were throwing rods left and right. It got fixed, but a lot of guys like me had to foot an $1800 engine replacement.

In the meantime, Autozone dropped them completely. I worked for one when they got back into the store. Now I work for Oreillys, and Fram makes their MasterPro filters, same part numbers and all, 50c less.

As a matter of principle, I won't use them or recommend them. If someone has had good service, fine by me. My only concern is that noone can save enough money buying a cheap filter to pay for an engine rebuild. Running the oil change interval out to the factory 7500 miles more than makes up the difference, tho. Dumping the oil at 3k is criminal, yet I have customers in every day doing exactly that - with synthetic.

Point being, why is the experience of valid users ignored for the "wisdom" of a twenty five year old sales campaign to sell more oil?

Nice motor mounts. Mine are original, just like the fuel filter. I'll take a closer look.

Back