• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brown dog engine mount looks funny

:( No calls! No PMs! -- I just ran across this thread.

Edit: I stand corrected. The OP emailed same pics to Tim who is working with the OP to address.

Last edited:
:( No calls! No PMs! -- I just ran across this thread.

Edit: I stand corrected. The OP emailed same pics to Tim who is working with the OP to address.

Yes, I am talking to Tim, he is very prompt to answer.

Andrey

It really looks like both the OP's spacers are on his mount, just that the rearmost one is pushing the bushing into the mount, and is why it can't be seen. If you look at the bushing, it looks like it is getting sucked in.

Is it possible that the body is not straight, and the deformation of the body causes misalignment of motor mounts and motor brackets ?

If yes, how it could be confirmed/fixed ?
What is the name of the procedure/ ballpark of the cost ?

Andrey

I was just wondering if you ever resolved this?

Sorry, not yet. It is drivable, so I bear it.

The word from brown dog is that my engine is way too forward. They advised to look for slotted holes around the crossmember, to move it back, but I did not find any.

I'll think of something.

I have found in installing the engine mounts I have made that the brackets on the block side vary quite a bit for the different years. I have found it necessary to use spacers on some to keep the bushings in the mount and some were very tight. It's too bad the engine brackets are not all the same.

Back