• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken Trac-Bar (Rustys) Get another?

MachineMan

NAXJA Forum User
I broke off the adjustable threaded bushing on my Rusty's HD trac bar. Is this a common problem with this Rusty's Trac Bar? Im trying to decide if I should get another Rustys since the I aleady have the mount or get something else.
BrokenTracBarDSC00424Small.jpg

'90XJ, 6.5" rustys lift, 35's

I have only seen that when I did it accidently (a 4 foot cheater bar was involved) when I needed to adjust it after lifting from 3" to 6.5". It had been on the jeep for more than 2 years.

Speaking from experience working with metal, it took quite abit of force to snap that end off. It would not have mattered WHO had made the trackbar. RE's track bar of the same design would have no doubt have broken too.

I've said it before, Rustys must be doing something right. To build new buildings, and buy CNC machinery you HAVE to be making money. He would not be making enough profit to afford all that if he continually turned out inferior products. To me it seems to the "in" thing to knock Rustys. The 100 people who run that set up, and have had no failures are never heard from, but the few who's do, everyone hears from them.

1 dissatisfied customer can do you more harm than 100 satisified customers can do you good.

EVERYONE'S equipment/parts fails at one time or another.

Firehawk said:
Speaking from experience working with metal, it took quite abit of force to snap that end off. It would not have mattered WHO had made the trackbar. RE's track bar of the same design would have no doubt have broken too.

I've said it before, Rustys must be doing something right. To build new buildings, and buy CNC machinery you HAVE to be making money. He would not be making enough profit to afford all that if he continually turned out inferior products. To me it seems to the "in" thing to knock Rustys. The 100 people who run that set up, and have had no failures are never heard from, but the few who's do, everyone hears from them.

1 dissatisfied customer can do you more harm than 100 satisified customers can do you good.

EVERYONE'S equipment/parts fails at one time or another.

I don't think anyone was Rusty bashing here. I will say that I have seen several on here who have had the same issue. It seems like this is a fairly common failure for this particular Rustys product. For example, I haven't seen any posts claiming their JKS TB broke. Now, that was just an example, I'm sure someone somewhere has broken one at one point in time. It is not nearly as common as the failure of Rustys TB though.
I would agree that Rusty must be doing soemthing right. You can't stay in business and not make money. Obviously he is. I run some of Rusty's stuff and so far, so good.
I too would see what Rusty will do about it and find something different. I run some of Rusty's products and have had good results so far.

I'd call him and see what he is willing to do about it. Can't hurt.

Lets not let this turn into a Rusty's sucks/dosen't suck thread. We've got plenty of those already.:compwork:

Oh!
Welcome to NAXJA!
:wave:

Haleyes said:
I don't think anyone was Rusty bashing here. I will say that I have seen several on here who have had the same issue. It seems like this is a fairly common failure for this particular Rustys product. For example, I haven't seen any posts claiming their JKS TB broke. Now, that was just an example, I'm sure someone somewhere has broken one at one point in time. It is not nearly as common as the failure of Rustys TB though.
I would agree that Rusty must be doing soemthing right. You can't stay in business and not make money. Obviously he is. I run some of Rusty's stuff and so far, so good.
I too would see what Rusty will do about it and find something different. I run some of Rusty's products and have had good results so far.

I'd call him and see what he is willing to do about it. Can't hurt.

Lets not let this turn into a Rusty's sucks/dosen't suck thread. We've got plenty of those already.:compwork:

Oh!
Welcome to NAXJA!
:wave:

Dont question him, he has metal working experience!

Ramsey said:
Dont question him, he has metal working experience!
:roflmao:
Anyone who uses silverware to eat with, has metal working experience.

Someone has just used their first post in a year of lurking to look like a know-it-all and failed to do so.
There's not one post in this thread about how crappy and poorly constructed a lot of Rusty's parts are.
And the reasoning that Rusty just had some new buildings built, so he must be doing something right, has no merit, what so ever.
4 Wheel Parts and Pro Comp could say the same and just look at their track record.
There's always gonna be someone buying parts and equipment from even the worst of companies.
That doesn't mean they are liked or respected, nor does it imply that their parts are worth a sh*t, only cheap.
Remember, in this industry, you truely get what you pay for.

misterjeeper said:
I dont get it..whats wrong with pro comp?
The quality and attention to detail leave MUCH to be desired.
Let me put it this way, as an installer, the saying we had, regarding PC was, "Beat to fit, and paint to match."
Not to mention, I've replaced too many parts on STREET vehicles to be able to endorse 4WP or PC.

Sorry for the hijack, Machine Man.

Mine snaped the same place on my 90 XJ. I just called Rusty and he Replaced it with no questions asked. Great group of people over there. I also had Rustys HD steering snap on me also abd had a coil spring collapse but these things are going to happen.

Back