• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken RE Quick Disconnect

Well I took the trip back up here to Cairo, NY without the discos on and had no serious issues. The crosswinds in Jersey do tend.to make your ass grab the seat a bit more though lol. I upped the sway bar theory a bit and took the last exit curve on the garden state parkway exit leading to the ny thruway at 55 mph. Speed warning was posted at 25 mph. I didn't have any lean trying this. Still makes ya feel more comfortable with the discos on lol.

I run bilstein 5150's 255/70 valving as opposed to the old beat RE monotubes

I have had no problems with my RE monotubes and believe they give a good ride. However, I did manage to snap a rear shock (at the lower eye) two weekends ago on a stupid hill and I ran without that rear shock up until last night. Jeep felt fine with only three shocks so I was in no hurry to replace, and I only drive 70+ miles a day.

By the way, I bought the RE monotubes directly from the Rubicon Express store in January 2010 and returned it to a local Central 4Wheel Drive parts store last week. RE replaced it free of charge. If RE failed to replace it, I would have purchased Bilsteins. My kid runs 5150's and they give an awesome ride on his XJ.

Back