• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken door handle

farmer xj

NAXJA Forum User
well my interior door handle dosnt work all of a sudden. im guessing i broke that plastic tab that connects to the metal rod that opens the door just like the one i broke on the passenger side a few months ago and glued back together.
im hoping someone knows of a better fix or upgrade other then super glue ...
the only thing i can see is to replace the entire door panel. but id prefer not to replace a week link with another week link.

Forgot to ask what year? That could make a big difference. I know my 93 had similiar issue, non power, and I just pulled the rod lower and upper and just replaced whole thing. If its newer, sorry, I will be no help as my jeeps that have had that issue were all older. Never had issues with my '00, '01

It's a 2000 from what I can tell there is no way to replace the door handle assembly itself. I'll tear it apart and take a picture to clarify what I'm talking about.

Back