• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

[Brakes] Out of ideas

IF I read his earlier posts correctly, the 96 booster-MC rig was working when he parked 4 years ago. So the rod length must have been right. And he only replaced the MC and brake lines.

Edit, on second reread, not 100% clear when he installed the 96 booster/MC, so maybe it is a push rod length issue as well???

OP, was the 96 BB/MC mod and old, working mod, or new mod that has yet to work????

Nealio is right. You need to make sure your pushrod on the pedal is the correct length.

I think if your new booster came out of a 96 it's correct but if it was any later, your pushrod is too short so you aren't getting a full throw. You can modify your brake pedal, there are various writeups on it. I'm looking for the link...

Last edited:
Ooops my bad. I was under the assumption the booster was added in with the lift and upgrades. :)

If that's the case I agree with what he said, bench bleed!

Ooops my bad. I was under the assumption the booster was added in with the lift and upgrades. :)

If that's the case I agree with what he said, bench bleed!

Well it is not real clear when he installed the 96 (had to read it three times, LOL), so that may be an issue afterall!

It's a simple thing but I haven't seen mentioned to tap on all the lines as you bleed to loosen up any stubborn bubbles.

Is there any weeping near any of the line connections?

Also, I have had great luck with my Motive power bleeder. Used it on 3 different cars now, but had to reinforce the mounting flange to prevent warping (and get a good pressure seal on the MC).

Awesome suggestions everyone, and I can happily report my jeep stops now! Sorry I was unresponsive but I was fiddling with it pretty much all day. I adjusted the pushrod out about 1/8", bled EVERYTHING (hadn't previously done the combo valve) and I'm not sure what specific thing did it, but they work like a charm.

Awesome! Glad you got it fixed up. I had a similar issue back when I did my booster swap and it had me discouraged. And I did something that solved it... Wasn't sure what, but it feels good to have it work!

The combo will never bleed just doing the brake lines if it has a bubble in it. I learned that the hard way.

Back