• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bought me one of them fancy side-by-side things.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tore down, ready to clean out the tub then strip out the dash. Once that's done, cage comes out of the parts rig, paint that, then put it all back together........ This thing is like playing with legos. Easy and simple.

IMG_20150827_194400479_zpsllvwgn7d.jpg

I loved playing with my samurai. Such a fun truck to play with.
I know I have some nice shock tower loops if you'd like them Troy. I just tossed a carpet kit but I have a power steering pump from a sidekick.

Throw me a call if you want them. Free for you.
719-452-0951

I loved playing with my samurai. Such a fun truck to play with.
I know I have some nice shock tower loops if you'd like them Troy. I just tossed a carpet kit but I have a power steering pump from a sidekick.

Throw me a call if you want them. Free for you.
719-452-0951

Thank you sir! I'll hit you up the next time I'm headed to the Springs. Both Sami's have Ford shock tower mods done but the hoops sound nteresting. Would definitely be cool to put P/S on it. Does it use a Sidekick steering box to do that?

None left.

:shhh:

Thank you sir! I'll hit you up the next time I'm headed to the Springs. Both Sami's have Ford shock tower mods done but the hoops sound nteresting. Would definitely be cool to put P/S on it. Does it use a Sidekick steering box to do that?

I'm in springs today and part of tomorrow. I can grab

Hell ya/ give me a shout if u want to pick them up for Troy Mike/ I'm in the garage the rest of the day

Quick update...... mad scramble to get this thing put together for a run Thursday with my work team.

Cage is painted, installed.

Cut slots in the center panel to mount the heat/fan controls - not my best work, but it works. Pulled the control face plate panel off, trimmed it to fit, stuck with 3M adhesive.

Painted the gauge cluster surround and steering column.

31" Pro Comp muds on the "custom" wheels are mounted, balanced and on the rig. Wheels are old Outlaw II's that were beyond polishing up and missing a few "rivets". I knocked out all the rivets, painted the wheels, then used a 1/2" drill bit to "machine" the holes. I think they look pretty cool.

There were no front turn signals. Took the amber "fogs" apart and discovered they used 1156 bulbs..... mounted those behind the grill as turn signals.

IMG_20150920_185548690_zpsat9c2bug.jpg

IMG_20150920_185603700_zpspkwpqhc5.jpg

IMG_20150920_190652067_zpscpv6ulot.jpg

IMG_20150905_133639907_zpsgak0pojy.jpg

Dealt with several rusted screws on this thing. Had to resort to using an air hammer and chisel bit to get them to turn out. It should be illegal to make screws out of such soft metal....... :mad:

IMG_20150917_184608775_zpsnlk6tqi4.jpg

Last edited:
There may still be a decent canopy on FS 712.2B...

The Zuk did pretty good overall! Spry like a mountain goat. But as anticipated.... I'm too big a dude for this little rig. I quickly found my legs getting stiff and angry being cramped up in that little area. Gotta find a way to mount the seats farther back. The lack of power steering sucks too - very close to having had broken fingers/thumbs with the violent steering wheel snap-backs. And the ride....... brutal. The rear bottoms out and the front is stupid-stiff. Might look into swapping leaf packs front to rear. I'm told they have different spring rates..... :dunno:

That built 1.8L ran like a champ. Nice and cool and reasonable power considering. Could use some axle gears - the ratio difference between 1st gear and 2nd gear is pretty big and I spent most of the trail in 2wd and 1st gear. To do the climbs in 4low, 1st and 2nd gears were TOO low, almost always started in 3rd.

Probably do a few more fixes and mods but I don't see myself keeping the Zuk.

IMG_20150924_124621011_HDR_zpslsliy7yz.jpg

IMG_20150924_124634437_zpsacdtvmvn.jpg

My team collectively were concerned the Zuk would break down on this run, they were sadly disappointed. :D I got perverse pleasure in laughing at them when their rented Razor overheated TWICE requiring 20 minute cool downs......:laugh:

IMG_20150924_121357111_zpscwnvg6pd.jpg

IMG_20150924_121326996_HDR_zpso8aaneal.jpg

Last edited:
Doors are now easily removed......

IMG_20150929_101952709_zpsgzk5jejw.jpg

IMG_20150929_101930451_zpsriouxt8y.jpg

Nice new soft top too..........

IMG_20150929_110748141_HDR_zpsd9ce2c1z.jpg

I like your style Troy!
I bet you can fetch some coin for that! Make sure you include the trail pics on the add and to tell your rzr story. Haha

Ok, enough of the Sami. Moving on! :conceited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back