• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BoringDaves New build (el conejo rojo)

I won't be able to sell it by then. Especially if I'm going to start robbing parts off from it. I need to come up with replacement parts.

So I have gone back though crunching numbers and updating the list. I was debating on just parting the YJ out all together. This way I could reuse the axles I already built for the YJ in the XJ, Keeping the axles complete. But I would have to put all the XJ mounting pads back on them which makes the build just that more labor intensive for me. Also I would rather not have a rear locker anymore after driving the YJ on the street for the summer.

So this is my new and improved list.

Clayton off-road 6.5" kit W/shocks. $2713.00

Rwk Haussupply
USA Standard XJ Gear Package and Dana 30 tru-trac $862.00
C8.25 29 spline trackloc. $325.00
IRO XJ Chrysler 8.25 Boxed Truss $130.00
IRO Dana 30 sleeve set. $109.00
IRO Dana 30 C gusset set. $40.00
Roughstuff
XJ Front Frame Reinforcement Plate Kit. $85.00
XJ Chassis Channel Reinforcement $189.00

$4453.00
I have already stole both Roughstuff covers and the Warn HS9500 off the YJ tonight. I also plan on getting the Yukon alloys out of it in the next week or so and cleaning it up to sell.

I now know some people don't like IRO. But I have installed the sleeves also the gussets and have had no problem with them personally. Also there C8.25 truss really don't look that bad for $129.99.

I have a Dana 30 trutrac I'll sell and some 4.56 gears. If you want to go with that ratio. Also a 44 rear with 4.56 gears.

Is a radius arm kit really that bad? And it isn't like I plan on running KOH. You guys have been to TSF with me I don't really do much then follow and watch. That's where I messed up with the wrangler. I should have left it sprung under and 33's.

I read a bunch of threads comparing the two. Both have points but for what you described as your wheelin style the radius arms will work fine. My current XJ build will be radius arm style. I don't think we all need to build rock buggy suspension under our weekend trail rigs. I've can't say I've seen a difference when at NWF, which is the type of wheelin you described, yes?
I run a truetrac in rear and have had no issues, deep snow, steep trails or baby crawling it has performed as needed 99% of the time. For something that you want to DD and cruise with the family it's a viable option. Now if I can scratch up the cash I'd prefer an ARB in the front, until then(never) I'll run a lunchbox in the front.
So you asked for opinions, and you get the right answer from all sides. No wrong answers just opinions from experience.

Short arms and drop brackets will even work great for what you want. And still drive like stock.
They still flex as much as you could want.

The Red Rabbit??????

I work on a farm and that's what some of the Mexican guys call it. They started that after drove down one of the washed out farm roads with 6-10" pot holes and ruts at about 50. I was in a hurry to get to the taco truck first. It helps that I have 10" travel Bilstien reservoir shocks and BDS springs now.

Of course they just said this...but as they said above go with a drop bracket and keep the short arms. Save big dough. Then take that money and find you some different axles......to me keeping the stock axles is no bueno. I know..I know..... labor intensive...

Back