• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Borgeson Steering Shaft Help!!!!

mdwatkins

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a Borgeson 893 shaft for my 99 Sport and don't believe that it will work. The OEM shaft runs from the steering box through the fire wall to the base of the tilt column. The column itself has a round splined shaft just like the power steering box. The Borgeson shaft has a large oblong Double D configuration. Am I the only one that has experienced this and thought that the two don't add up? Am I missing something? Their instructions really suck and don't address an XJ at all. :twak:

If anyone has installed this shaft on a late model XJ any help you can give me would be great.

I recently ran into this same problem, the Borgeson XJ (#893) steering shaft replacement does not fit the "newer" XJ's, apparently 97' and up. I own a 2001 and the steering column end is splined 5/8" 36spline, and the borgeson steering shaft comes with a 1" DD end. I had to order a new u-joint from borgeson to make this work, so just a heads up to anyone needing to replace this in the future. The borgeson product appears to be very strong and well constructed, I just wish that they made the correct product divisions based on model year.

Good info. Did you notice any improvement in steering with the upgrade?

Back