• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BOD nominations

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
wouldnt you think it would be smart to talk to the person you nominate BEFORE you throw their name in the hat? saves them from publicly declining your nomination.. it isnt rocket science here, but it is a serious role that the BOD members hold and it requires thought whether you really have time for it.
send a PM first..

(rant off)

would it be acceptable for people to post up someplace public if they would be willing to be nominated?

Absolutely!!! For instance, if you want to run for president, post up your willingness to run in the appropriate thread, then you have to have two members "nominate" and "second" that nomination. I don't see a problem with that.

A.

Who cares if they decline... Public or not?

If you know someone is in and around the local wheeling community you may feel they're "good for that position". Its not a big deal if they cant do it, or dont feel up to it. What we need is someone else to say (AS BILLY SAID) that THEY ARE WILLING. So, step up to the plate or sit down and put yer vote in.

If you or anyone wants to check with someone, by all means go for it.

[/Beer belch alphabet]

Well I have been asked what is entailed for all positions so here it goes.

What we really need is a diverse group of people from throughout the chapter. Having all the BOD members from only one area really limits the amount of benefits to the other areas. The NAC is a huge Chapter geographically. Having BOD members from the PA area, NY area, and MA or further North only benefits everyone.

All BOD members should be expected to help in planning Chapter activities. While NACFest may be our "official" event each year. Informal wheeling events and meet and greets should be put together throughout the year all over the Chapter. Having a spread out BOD helps to accomplish this. Also, all BOD members should be involved in helping to plan NACFest, since this is our largest event each year.

The President and VP should help to coordinate these informal events as well give direction to the members planning them. They are also responsible for moderating the NAC forum.

In addition, the President is the voice of the NAC to the National BOD. They have access to the National BOD forum and should represent the chapter in the discussion of all National issues. While they do not get a vote on any National Motions, they can be involved in the monthly meetings and discussion of all motions under consideration. They play a very important role in our club.

The VP has no other responsibilities than the ones presented above. I would like to see them undertake some land-use fund-raising with the help of the Director-at-large so that causes in the NAC can benefit from the new matching funds program from National.

The Treasurer is responsible for paying any bills that arise, such as the costs of our events, from our treasury. They should manage our finances conservatively. They are also responsible for any sales of NAC swag.

The recorder currently does not really have any responsibilities. However, I would like to see the incoming NAC recorder be responsible for updating the NAC website and keeping it up to date in the future.

The NAC Director-at-large also currently does not have any official responsibilities. I would like to see them undertake some land-use fund-raising with the help of the VP so that causes in the NAC can benefit from the new matching funds program from National.

Hope this helps for anyone interested in running. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Would love to be evolved but i dont know u guys well enuf ... just who ever gets it keep it going no complaints here ...

Last edited:
I Would love to be evolved but i dont know u guys well enuf ... just who ever gets it keep it going no complaints here ...

The BOD members don't necessarily have to know each other to get involved..... They will get to know each other once elected, trust me :exclamati

now is the one year minimum membership from January first or the date of the elections?

i still don't make the cut :banghead:

i don't have time this year anyway. oh well. maybe next year.

Id be willing to throw my name in the Hat for anything but Prez ... dont think Im ready for that lol

Im really only qualified for recorder

I am more then willing to work with the website and have access to web space as well as other resources to work on it ...

this has been debated in the past, i'll see if i can figure it out. my understanding/interpretation is that you must be a fully-paid member for at least a full year to accept a nomination..

Back