• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Blue Balls"

Alrighty made some steel fender flares over the weekend. Cost me like 25 bucks to make.. then ran the Jeep at a mud bog race and won for all the street classes. I'll update with pics etc soon

so a quick update of the past 2 weeks or so, i finished up the flat fenders so when i bring the jeep up to mass i dont get hit on that and because i was sick of getting pegged with rocks and stuff from the tires when im driving..
made them out of some 16 gauge steel bent them up and welded them, bed lined them with some crappy spray stuff that was on sale and just bolted them up...

took the jeep out to the uwharrie forest for a good weekend of wheeling, met some really cool people and some guy there tried to shoot someone for doing donuts and throwing rocks at his jeep taco, so it was a good time...

had a good time other than my coils kept falling out because i dont have retainers... or limit straps... so some zipties and a boot lace fixed that issue for the trip. also after a very loud bang discovered i had every single one of the bolts to the rear ring gear just... fall out except one that just broke in half... after some inspection, new bolts and thread lock it was all back together and wheeling fine. but i really cant believe that actually happened...

in typical fashion i forgot to take like any pictures and all the gopro video is just sitting on my laptop, so sorry about that.

however the rust on my roof has been getting really bad, thinking i need to bed line the roof...

also thinking heavily about making a cage for the jeep, looking at doing something like the cage on Adams old jeep (project salsa) so im curious on a little input.

Back