• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bike trails in OC or nearby

xjohnnyc said:
We were thinking about stopping in Mesquite Saturday night because the rooms used to be like $29. Just checked...gone up to $70. So we may end up staying in St. George. Then on to Moab on Sunday.

Would love to ride Goose or Little Creek, but we probably wouldn't get there until the evening. Maybe on the way back...

Grant, that mystic place looks kinda cool. Any idea what kind of riding there is?
wuuuuuuuuuuuuus, it's a one day ride from OC to Moab.

Kejtar said:
wuuuuuuuuuuuuus, it's a one day ride from OC to Moab.

Well, Curt has a work-related exam that Saturday morning. So we wouldn't get started until maybe 1 pm or so.

And we'll see who the wuuuuus is when we go biking next Saturday. :)

cracker said:
I know you're taking a lot of crap today but what 'free ride' bike weighs 28?

Well probibly before your time, but its a prehistoric Mountain Cycle San Andreas, with a few titanium parts, hydro discs-the Pro stop version, and zocchi dirt jumper... I havent weighed it in a couple of years but close to the 28 mark maybe 30 with the seat bag... besides uphills are for the 4-stroke, just a blip of the throttle and its all good...unless your behind it....:D

xjohnnyc said:
Well, Curt has a work-related exam that Saturday morning. So we wouldn't get started until maybe 1 pm or so.

And we'll see who the wuuuuus is when we go biking next Saturday. :)

Johhny.

There is a nice little campground just about to the top of the canyon on the 15 before St. George. I have stayed there before nice and warm, few Rattlers, coyotes, ect.... Or there is always Zion, or Brice..... couple of good spots to stop for the night....

Clean-RC said:
Well probibly before your time, but its a prehistoric Mountain Cycle San Andreas, with a few titanium parts, hydro discs-the Pro stop version, and zocchi dirt jumper... I havent weighed it in a couple of years but close to the 28 mark maybe 30 with the seat bag... besides uphills are for the 4-stroke, just a blip of the throttle and its all good...unless your behind it....:D

Oh yeah. I've been in the industry for eleven years. I know the San Andreas. It was around long before the 'freeride' term existed.

Some links and info on local mtn Biking (from 08/28/05 Warrior's Society News):

In this issue:

1. The "lost boys" spend the night in the Santa Ana's

2. Club member Monique Sawicki wins her 2nd Norba National Marathon Series
title

3. Mario's Trans Alps Race Report part II

4. Troy wins both races in Big Bear

5. Lacey at Snow Summit AM Cup #3 and the Rim Nordic Final

6. Race team members Leslie and Brian compete in the Brianhead Epic 100

7. The Sage Scrub and Cactus Hill Trails in Whiting Ranch have been
re-opened

1. THE "LOST BOYS" SPEND THE NIGHT IN THE SANTA ANA'S

As some of you may know, two of our club members and a couple of their
friends ending up spending the night in the Santa Ana's because they did not
allow enough time to complete an evening ride down an unfamiliar route.

Here's a little background on the "trail" they took:

http://www.warriorssociety.org/News/LostBoys.html

Do not, I repeat do not even think about trying to find this trail and ride
it. It is an extremely technical trail that has not been maintained since
Edison first cut it and the bottom is loaded with poison oak.

2. MONIQUE'S 2ND NORBA NATIONAL MARATHONS SERIES TITLE

For the second year in a row Monique is the female NORBA National Marathon
Series Champion. In next week's news we'll have coverage of her fundraiser
to send her to the World Championships in B.C.

http://www.warriorssociety.org/Racing/Report037.html

3. MARIO'S TRANS ALPS RACE REPORT PART II

Sorry about the delay on getting to you part II of Mario's Race Report on
the Tran's Alps event but Mario was busy competing in the Trans Rockies
event:

http://www.warriorssociety.org/Racing/Report033b.html

4. TROY WINS BOTH RACES AT BIG BEAR

The youngest member of our Warrior's Racing Junior Team (7 years old)
continues to dominate his competition:

http://www.warriorssociety.org/Racing/Report035.html

5. LACEY AT SNOW SUMMIT AM CUP #3 AND THE RIM NORDIC FINAL

Lacey's having a great first year racing and we look for great things from
her in the future:

http://www.warriorssociety.org/Racing/Report036.html

6. RACE TEAM MEMBERS LESLIE AND BRIAN COMPETE IN THE BRIANHEAD EPIC 100

As you know from our past news Calvin Mulder also competed in the event and
wrote a race report on it. Leslie was a little late in getting her report in
but I think you'll find her perspective on the event interesting:

http://www.warriorssociety.org/Racing/Report034.html

7. THE SAGE SCRUB AND CACTUS HILL TRAILS IN WHITING RANCH HAVE BEEN
RE-OPENED

Thanks to the efforts of many volunteers, including biker riders,
equestrians and hikers, both the Sage Scrub and Cactus Hill Trails have been
re-opened to public use.

Much labor went into the project which was completed on two consecutive
Saturday evenings, August 13, & 20.

I wish to extend my sincere thanks to all who participated in making this
effort a successful one.

Best regards,
Tom Maloney
Whiting Ranch Senior Park Ranger
County of Orange
949-923-2244

Manitou and Shimano are the Major Sponsors of the Warrior's Society

Cytomax is the official fluid replacement drink of the Warrior's Society

Clif Bar is the Official Energy Bar and Gel of The Warrior's Society

The Warrior's Society
A Tax-Exempt organization under 501(c) 4 of the IRS Code
www.warriorssociety.org

An MTBAccess affiliated club

hey remi. check out chino hills state park. you can come in from carbon canyon side of just up the street from my place off of fairmont in yorba linda. i'll break out my cyclocross bike and head out there with you some weekend. if we go early it shouldn't be tooooooooooooooooooo hot.

i might be intrested in some trails almost got my full suspension mutt bike finished, but a little on the heavy side but who cares when the front end has 10" of travel. I sometimes go to fairview park then have some short trails or to sheep hills where i used to dirt jump.

olympic4x4tech said:
i might be intrested in some trails almost got my full suspension mutt bike finished, but a little on the heavy side but who cares when the front end has 10" of travel. I sometimes go to fairview park then have some short trails or to sheep hills where i used to dirt jump.
straying from the topic a bit... did you figure out yet who passed you on the freeway yesterday?

yea some guy that drives way to fast i tried to hitch a ride by tryign to catch up and setting my front bumper on their trunk but the exited way too soon , some where in west-min-ster.

olympic4x4tech said:
yea some guy that drives way to fast i tried to hitch a ride by tryign to catch up and setting my front bumper on their trunk but the exited way too soon , some where in west-min-ster.
Your speedo must be way off cause I was doing only 70, and when I slowed down to 65, you still couldn't catchup!

Well, it's been an interesting morning: I went on a bike hike/ride. Grant showed me a part of OC I didn't know existed (full of bushes :D) and even though he took it real easy on me, I realized how badly I"m out of shape. Oh well, at least I can still walk (albeit a bit funny)

Kejtar said:
Well, it's been an interesting morning: I went on a bike hike/ride. Grant showed me a part of OC I didn't know existed (full of bushes :D) and even though he took it real easy on me, I realized how badly I"m out of shape. Oh well, at least I can still walk (albeit a bit funny)

Remi and Cal both did well. We didn't take them on much of a ride, but more of a primer of bikes in dirt. On top of that, we scouted an old trail that was flooded out in the rains of this year. It was a bushwack and a beautiful day for a hike, while pushing your bike through a few miles of sand and brush. ;)

Next ride we can get in more miles, more climbs and get the fitness thing going. We barely scratched the surface today.

I'm leaving the "walking funny" to someone else. I was leading the group, I don't know what happened in the "rear" of the pack.

Hey Avery, PM me. Some buds and I have a spare ticket to Stone's tasting next Saturday and plan on doing Noble (the lazy way) in the morning due to time restrictions.

Back