• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

big plans, progressive build

Spanky88

NAXJA Forum User
Well imfinally going to start my own buld thread. Myfaskillsare still really undeveloped but ivegt alot ofbig plans. i dont intend to attempt most of these big plans right away. hense the "progressive" build. im reallyjustlookin fortips and advice from the peole ive been gettin my ideas from. my "planned" outcome is a mitureof a few of the builds in the ad-fab section.

what i started with
-1993 xj sport
-4.0l high output, aw4, 231
-chry 8.25 rear 30 front
-non abs, a/c, no power options

first mods
-jegs 2.5inehaustaftera dynomax hf cat
-2" spacers and shackles
-aluminum wheelsand 235/75/15 all terains :puke:

after i took it off the road
-doorless mod :gee:
-usd 3" rough country lift added to spacers and shackles
- removedfront and rear swaybars
- gutted carpets
- patched rust holes in the floor
- welded rear end
- paintedthe interior with walmart bed liner
- trimmed fenders and cutand tucked rear quarters
- home built front bumper using steering box bolts (still in progress)
- homebuilt rear bumper also still in progress
- began oba

plans

three link+track bar long arm suspension
bastard packs in the rear for now, possibly ending up with a 1/4 elip in the future
one tons, hopefully a 60 14b combo. keepin em full width
re locate the stock gas tank into cargo area
cage still not sure on interior or exterior
mild boatsides
transfer case doubler. either 231 and 300 or 203 and 205
full hydro steering. allread have the orbital (FREE!) :looser:
possibly narrow the front clip about 6"

ALL IDEAS/PLANS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

all theothe odds and ends. lights, doors, rack ect.

ill try to get some pics up later this weekend. im sure im forgetting something and ill add it later if i have

plaing on startng the fuel tank relocation tommorow pending on what the gf hasgoin on:smootch:

all opinions welcome:worship:

004.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

0072.jpg

012.jpg

Only advice I have is to have plenty of fun wheeling before you cut it all up. :D

Fun is based on going wheelng, not on how big your rig is. I know plenty of guys that built big and now don't have as much fun as they did before.

im havin fun with it for sure. most of the time im runnin around the family farm and the woods just testin its limits. i was wheelin at a local guys place a few months back, slung a cap in the driverside d30 shaft and blew it all to hell. had to drive thru 2.5 ft of water in 3 wheel drive to get out.lol had a blast tho. one of the bigfoot drivers was with us.

wll im hopin to have a few updates this week. the past two weekends were pretty $h!tty, poped my thumb like a grape the first weekend and the better half had a close friend in the hospital the next weekend. she passed away the following monday. i have finally had a chance to work on it today. got my spare spring packs cut up and preped for a bastard pack, hopefuly doin that tommorow night. and got a start on my oba. i got to test my bumper today as well, i pushed over dead trees and pulled it out of a hole with the tractor, didnt even phase it. i just need some more bite from my tires :flamemad:

havent got any pictures yet but i got my tank back in the back, all wired up and new hoses. need to make a box that will close it off and hold it down. ditched my 3in adda leafs that came in the leaf packs i had on it. i used my old set of leafs to do a bastard pack and it ended up almost exactlly the same height but rides alot better. next on the to do list is make some home brew ubes and set my pinnion angle. not sure if i should just wait till i do a sye and make my ds for that? id also like to make some kind of truss for the rear. i plan on moving my shocks to the top of the axle, redo my brake lines, breather so on. ill probubly also drop my spring hangars and a make a set of shackle angle correction boxs. got lots of scrap sittin around

Back