• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear run on the 19th July

Roll Call

So any one keeping tabs on who is going to be there? I am debating on whether to go to Los Coyotes with my officail club or Big Bear with the SOCALXJ folks, help me decide:confused:

JT, no I don't know him. BUT while walking around the village in Big Bear last weekend I couldnt help but notice his rig parked there on the street. Nice Rig!
Mike, PM the # to me and I can give you a ring. :phone:

Tim

Gonna Be there

Well I talked to my buddy today that was talking about going and we are going for it. Now the question is should he take his stocker(2000) on 225's with full skids and towpoints as well as he has a friend(1998) that wants to go with 30" mudders. I got them up Lockwood/Miller Jeep trail a few weeks ago with no issues, but what do you fellas think? Big Bear is a bit of a drive for them not to have fun.

Up Millers

That's is what I told them, just wanted to get them some confidence

going to try to make this one. finally got my 44 installed and the quicklock seems to be fine other than obnoxiousness on the street. hope it settles out some! will do my best to see everyone saturday morning. what channel on the CB?

mikeyl said:
going to try to make this one. finally got my 44 installed and the quicklock seems to be fine other than obnoxiousness on the street. hope it settles out some! will do my best to see everyone saturday morning. what channel on the CB?

Do you have the 242 transfer case (i.e. the one with "Full Time")? If so, just toss that puppy in full-time and you'll barely notice that rear locker.

-Mike

thanks mike! i will certainly give that a try. it's rather embarassing chirping around parking lots and gas stations! though it seems to be tearing up my dirt driveway real well!

OK, I've gotta ask. Mgolden, why would that help?

I don't know the exact science behind it, just speaking from experience. I would assume that putting it in full-time makes the front axle pull the rig around corners and let's the rear ratchet around them more than it did before.

It will still squeak the tires on real tight U-turns or parking lots, but not nearly as bad as before.

Hmmm, that does make sense.

:idea:

hey tim, he was right, it does seem to be a bit less noisey unless in reall tight turns under power. but at idle speed turns with the front engaged it did seem quieter. see ya guys sat. by the thanks for the info a while back on the re lca's, they seem to work pretty well so far!

Have fun in BB.

If you get bored, this weekend is also the annual Corvette Big Bear Bash at Snow Summit (car show and autocross, etc.). Lots of cars to see in town (hopefully much cleaner than the XJ's ;) ).

Stir up some dust, but carry water.

Ed, I'm going to have to leave the wife at home then. She tends to drool when around the convertables. Especially the '59 and '60s. It would really break her poor heart to se them get bashed up!

Hey Mikey, good to here that!

As some of you might have noticed...the mountains are starting to get the monsooooooon rain. The forcast is for LOTS of rain in the mountains this weekend (sounds like too much fun to me!) Although I dought the corvette crowd will like it much! My question is how will it effect the ride this weekend at Big Bear?
More or less challenging? Will it make some areas innaccessable?

:D RAIN GOOD:D

DUST BAD

Rainis AWESOME

I have been watching the weather and praying for the rain, minus the lightning, to keep the dust down. Rain wash all the dus toff the rocks and let me test/play with the mudders. Might be a little sticky feeling up there though.

Joe

OOPS! Wrong Thread.:dunce:

Back