• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Biden

8Mud

NAXJA Forum User
I've been listening to Biden all week saying that McCain votes with Bush 90% of the time.
Biden votes the Democratic line 96.4% of the time and the funny part is that when he splits with the party, he is often voting for some of McCains legislation. :)
Obama and Palin are both a bit inexperienced, the difference being Palin is running for vice and not for President.
Many black voters are voting for Obama, because of the historic nature of the election or in other words because he is black. Besides being racist it is a stupid reason to vote for anybody. Gender or race should be irrelevant, vote the best person for the job.

Well said!

Also Palin has been in a leadership position, Obama hasn't. Organizing isn't leadership, he wasn't responsible for the good or bad that happened with whatever he organized. Mayor/Governor she was responsible for the good and bad things that happened.

Biden is also trying to come off as a common man. He stated last week in a speech where the next meal is suppose to come from. I was laughing as he is a millionaire - career politician. His only next meal consideration is where it will be.

Sure he has no special interest connections.

But Biden was born in Scranton, PA, according to the Dems that puts him in touch with working class families.

Honestly I believe that none of the four have any idea what working class families go through.

If anyone does it'd be Palin seeing as to how she went from Mom to politician...
EDIT: Actually McCain would, what'd he do before joining the military?

GSequoia said:
I dunno, be a spoiled Admeral's son?

:D
Bah, never mind then. Thought maybe he was like a lot of the military guys who joined to make a better life for themselves...:dunno:

GSequoia said:

At least his dad didn't run out on his family when he was two, move to Africa, clash with the president there, and turn into an alcoholic....

JNickel101 said:
At least his dad didn't run out on his family when he was two, move to Africa, clash with the president there, and turn into an alcoholic....
Yeah, because that's a fair reflection of what Obama is. My birth mother put me up for adoption as a 2 day old, what would that say about me?

buschwhaked said:
Yeah, because that's a fair reflection of what Obama is. My birth mother put me up for adoption as a 2 day old, what would that say about me?
Obvioulsy that you're a communist because you were taken from the person who had the most and given to she who needed the most!

GSequoia said:
Obvioulsy that you're a communist because you were taken from the person who had the most and given to she who needed the most!

Yeah, adoptions, communism in the making. (n)

Darky said:
Bah, never mind then. Thought maybe he was like a lot of the military guys who joined to make a better life for themselves...:dunno:

His father and grandfather both were admirals. He's a Naval academy ring knocker and retired as a 4 striper [Captain] after 22 years.

RichP said:
His father and grandfather both were admirals. He's a Naval academy ring knocker and retired as a 4 striper [Captain] after 22 years.
O6 in 22 yrs? Not too bad. Wonder why he bucked the trend and didn't follow in his dad's and granddad's footsteps to be an admiral also?

Darky said:
O6 in 22 yrs? Not too bad. Wonder why he bucked the trend and didn't follow in his dad's and granddad's footsteps to be an admiral also?
My best guess. Look at the year and the fact he was divorced and remarried, that blew the selection board right out of the water. Back then divorce was a scarlet letter.

I don't know much about Palin, like most everyone else, but none of the other 3 know anything about middle class life. Obama's mom grew up middle class but he didn't. McCain/Binden both grew up privilaged

McCain at least got a little taste of the common life in N. Vietnam, that would be humbling to anyone.

Darky said:

"McCain decided to leave the Navy. It was doubtful whether he would ever be promoted to the rank of full admiral, as he had poor annual physicals and had been given no major sea command. His chances of being promoted to rear admiral were better, but McCain declined that prospect, as he had already made plans to run for Congress and said he could "do more good there." McCain retired from the Navy on April 1, 1981...." (Wiki)

You pretty much have to serve 30-40 years (his dad did 41) to make 4 star. When McCain III served as Naval liason to Congress, he must have taken a liking to being a public servent and probably set his mind on politics at that time. Spending 6 years in a prison camp probably slowed his promotion a bit too....

buschwhaked said:

Wow....you're really comparing apples and oranges there buddy. Hell, my dad adopted me too, but there's no way in hell I'd compare my life to Obama's and say they were ANYTHING similar.

But since you brought it up, I do think its even funnier that you're an Obama lover...

Spoiled Admiral's son? I don't think spoiled would really fit this one. You know his father ordered the bombing of Hanoi? Even though he knew his son was a prisoner in that city? I guess you could call that spoiled... somehow...
That says a lot to me. Country First.

McCain seems to have expected no less from his father either. He expected to be in a bombed part on NVN and was ready to die but never gave the NVN any info that they wanted. That is a real hero in my book. He would get my vote on that alone but he has done so much more that will be in his resume as he enters the White House in January.

Back