• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG M/T's

Oatmeal said:
Interco TrXus MTs.............they're less expensive than the BFGs!
Donno where you're getting your tires, but everywhere I look, BFG's are better priced. 35x12.50x15 from National Tire and wheel is $189.95 and the cheapest Trxus MT 35x12.50x15 $195.19.....5 bucks, but still. :rtm: But anywho, I'm waiting for these to come out in my size....
bfg_mudterrainta_km2_ci2_l.jpg

53guy said:
Donno where you're getting your tires, but everywhere I look, BFG's are better priced. 35x12.50x15 from National Tire and wheel is $189.95 and the cheapest Trxus MT 35x12.50x15 $195.19.....5 bucks, but still. :rtm: But anywho, I'm waiting for these to come out in my size....
Wont it take almost another year for them to come out with the 15'' wheel sizes?

for those looking at other MT tires, are your plans to use them in the white stuff at all. The OP and I being up north of most of you will be using them in snow for the next, oh 3-5 months and I know I can't find any other tires 33x10.5 other than the BFG's.
I want something that will cut through the snow better everyday, even if it suffers off road for now, I can buy offroad tires later and switch up when needed.
The 12.5 on here now I found to try and hoover in wet snow last year, and same with heavy or deep snow... good offroad, bad on road. So hoping these thinner tires will perform much better.
Should be in and on in 2 weeks, than bring on the snow.

I have had BFG A/Ts on all my trucks and on my XJ and I would say that the A/T works the best in snow and ice. I would think with the large lugs on the M/Ts you would have less surface area touching the ground and there for less snow and ice traction. HMMM!!
If it was me A/Ts is the best choice.

I've got 40k on my BF's right now and they still have tread left but they are getting noisy. My bro has the trxus MT's and they are a good tire like stated above but they are heavy as hell I think the 33 weighs as much as a BF 35. I'd rather not have that extra rollin mass @ the wheel. That is the only downfall of the trxus to me

Starboard M said:
Wont it take almost another year for them to come out with the 15'' wheel sizes?

Yup, september '08 I think. I sure hope I can get my current wheels to last until then.

53guy said:
What add are you looking at? October '07 (National Tire and Wheel) 35X12.50X15 TrXus MTs are $195 and BFG KMs are $194 (other adds I always see the TrXus selling for considerably less) same add: 33s-TrXus $149, BFG KM $172 (this thread was about 33s btw)---------Hans

krelja said:
........My bro has the trxus MT's and they are a good tire like stated above but they are heavy as hell I think the 33 weighs as much as a BF 35. I'd rather not have that extra rollin mass @ the wheel. That is the only downfall of the trxus to me
That just tells you how much beefier the tire is constructed (a bonus to me) I wheel my trucks pretty hard and use the sidewalls to pivot off of rocks at times (for really tight trails).......the BFGs don't hold up as well as the TrXus'---------Hans

Oatmeal said:
What add are you looking at? October '07 (National Tire and Wheel) 35X12.50X15 TrXus MTs are $195 and BFG KMs are $194 (other adds I always see the TrXus selling for considerably less) same add: 33s-TrXus $149, BFG KM $172 (this thread was about 33s btw)---------Hans

:shrugs:

Just put 33 12.5 15 on my xj tonight I took off 30 9.5 15. Had in the past a 32 11.5 15 too. All where the BFgs AT.

Back