• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG M/T vs MRT's

BFG M/T VS MTR

• BFG M/T

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • MTR

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Check out the Firestone Destination M/T's, they are a great tire and cost less then the other 2 you are asking about. Dayton also makes one even cheaper then the Firestone and they are almost identical.

To each his own, but . . . .
While probably not the absolute best at anything, my BFG MTs are excellent all-around tires. In my experience wheeling with guys running MTRs, they are helpless in muddy conditions. I frequently wheel in muddy conditions, so for me it's a no-brainer between the two (although my next set will be Swampers!). If all you do is wheeling on sharp dry rocks, then your choice might be as simple in the other direction.

check out dayton timberline mt's. ive got 33 12.50s on mine and love them, fairly quiet, and do GREAT on rock beside a little chunking. honestly cant say much about mud, i try to stay away from it, but what little sloppy stuff ive been thru they do pretty well and seem to self clean well. i paid 130 apeice for mine.
kolby

199899908VaLEpR_ph.jpg

ahhh MTR all the way. This is 12PSI. This would NOT happen to an MTR.

Last edited:
JohnJohn said:
199899908VaLEpR_ph.jpg

ahhh MTR all the way. This is 12PSI. This would NOT happen to an MTR.

I remember that trail!,,, were is the strap? :laugh3:

XJ89JEEP said:
just rate em' for over-all preformance..(mud, rock,road, dirt, sand... just over-all) my freind and i have a dispute going.. just wanted to settle it

Well, unfortunately for you then, this isn't one of those questions with a cut and dry answer, there is no "SETTLING" it.

I have run both tires, and they are both great. I run my MT/R's for two reasons: First, I bought by 35's barely used for the same money I sold my slightly used 33" BFG's for. TWO, out here, we have a lot of sticks and stumps and rocks sticking out the sides of trails. Running used tires with no warranty, I didn't want to slice a BFG sidewall, which I have personally witnessed at least 4 or 5 times out here. I was willing to give up a little bit of mud traction for increased sidewall strength. So, like said above, if you're running in any mud, the BFG is better, Rocks the MT/R is better. They are both great on the road and give good mileage when compared to some of the other options.

My $.02

John

Back