• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG KM2's backordered? Again?

WrenchMonkey

NAXJA Member #771
NAXJA Member
Split a sidewall on my 35x12.50-15 on the CORE Tour, and a full month later Sams is still telling me they can't get one, and don't know when they might. Manager "guessed" it could be 2-3 MONTHS.

I've found a few online, but if I have to buy yet another tire out of pocket to keep from running a mismatched spare until friggin easter, I'll be very disappointed.

I'm sure some pointy headed accountant thought it would save them a pile of money to strip their inventories down to nil, but this is the shit that drives customers away.

I don't think I'll buy another set of BFG's, and will discourage others from it as well...

Thanks for the vent.

Robert

I ordered a set online last week. Six-days later, the order status is "processing" and nobody can tell me where they are or give me a tracking number.

Two-hours later they showed up at the door! I ordered these late last Friday and got em 4 working-days later. Check tirecrawler.com.

They just didn't want us KM2 owners to feel left out on the MTR backorder..

Right, but not being able to order "1" tire due to Tire failure, Is alot different then trying to order "4" tires

While, I'm sure the case would be the same with trying to find a single Kevlar from "sams club", The difference is, There's not thousands of Kevlars with damaged sidewalls, Needing to be replaced ;)

In regards to sams Club, its a fine store but the tire service i have received there has always been kind of a "i'm here, now what do you want" sort of attitude.
I'm a dedicated Discount tire guy. They will go out of their way to help, and search around on the phone to get you what you would like..
I ordered my KM2s there a few months ago. The order was messed up and they sent a vastly different size (DOH). The manager there offered to let me borrow the tires off of his personal truck until he got the tires in. I've never seen anyone do that. They have my business.

Discount is the way to go. I went to have a tire plugged and they noticed I was missing two out of the 20 lug nuts on my XJ. They replaced ALL of them with matching nuts all the way around. They told me they'd done it and I cringed expecting an additional charge. Nope nothing! NADA! I'll be their customer any time I'm near one. Now only if Altus, Ok would get a discount tire.......

Another +1 for discount tire. I worked for them back in HS, great company to work for.
It is a christian company, and making the customer happy is more important than making a killing on 1 set of tires. Once we gave a new tire to a single mom that had no money to replace her blown tire.

nothing but good experiences with them

Discount is the way to go. I went to have a tire plugged and they noticed I was missing two out of the 20 lug nuts on my XJ. They replaced ALL of them with matching nuts all the way around. They told me they'd done it and I cringed expecting an additional charge. Nope nothing! NADA! I'll be their customer any time I'm near one. Now only if Altus, Ok would get a discount tire.......

First Altus, Ok needs paved roads :rof:

Just messin with ya.

In regards to sams Club, its a fine store but the tire service i have received there has always been kind of a "i'm here, now what do you want" sort of attitude.

Sam's isnt the problem. They've been nothing but great to me for YEARS and years. For $8 I get mounting, balance, and lifetime road hazard. Full replacement, no questions asked. They've swapped a half dozen BFG's for me, and usually even waive the pro-rate. I had 30k on an AT on the tow rig when I picked up a road reflector. They replaced it, free.

The problem is that BFG isn't making the tire I need, and their email support line won't even guess when they'll get around to it.

Robert

Bfg stopped producing km2's to tool up production on a new tire they are introducing early in2012. They gave their big distributors a lot of advance warning, and most put in as much inventory as they could fit. This is why some have them, some don't. Do not expect bfg to start producing km2's until March at the earliest.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...KM2RWLV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Estimated delivery date: 6/15/12. Only seven months after I ordered one, but at least it does appear they're gonna make some...

Robert

<Edit: In the meantime, I did split yet another of their "new n improved sidewalls" in March, so I've been driving to work on two near-new KM2s and two half bald KMs, with no fullsize spare left, for the last two months. I've also bought a used set of 35" LTB's as actual offroad tires, and decided I'll restrict the delicate little BFG's to street duty.>

Last edited:
And now they moved it back another eleven days, to the 26th...

Shit's gettin old...

Pushed back again. July 17th.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this?

Short of buying a set of Goodyears out of pocket?

Back