• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better mounting for stock fender flairs

dirtweazle

NAXJA Forum User
I need a better solution for mounting my fender flairs. Fenders are trimmed and holes where drilled for stock clippy things. I have lost three front fenders at various times and both rear fenders on one trip. Rear are not too bad but front I think duct tape, white glue, gum, hairspray and spit might be better than the stock clips. Tires are not contacting them, lost the fronts because of wind :passgas: and rear was bumping uglies with the dirt(threw them in the back and got a ticket on the way home). :flamemad:

I am going to rivet my flares to the spring clips and than bot them on . That should keep them from Poping off in the breeze.

When my old XJ started loosing the oem flares a few years back the short term solution was to countersink some nice clean pockets in the flares for s/s sheetmetal screws and eliminate the oem brackets altogether. That worked okay until I decided to spend a few extra bucks and get oversized fender flares. I'm biased, but I really like the fenders flares I'm running now.

I used big fender washers and nuts and bolts. The fender washers fit nice inside the flare

I need a better solution for mounting my fender flairs. Fenders are trimmed and holes where drilled for stock clippy things. I have lost three front fenders at various times and both rear fenders on one trip. Rear are not too bad but front I think duct tape, white glue, gum, hairspray and spit might be better than the stock clips. Tires are not contacting them, lost the fronts because of wind :passgas: and rear was bumping uglies with the dirt(threw them in the back and got a ticket on the way home). :flamemad:

Sucks that you have to have flairs... Mine don't know what flairs are anymore...

The funny part is its a MUD flap ticket. We here in So Cal don't know what mud is. Law requires the tread of the tire to be covered looking down. Also mud flaps covering all tread from the rear down to axle center line. Its a grand money making scheme. Fixed then signed off is still a $250 fine.

This is my fix it's been working good for about a year on both of my jeeps
more photo & text at http://www.iidesign.info/OR_01XJ.htm

finflr15.jpg

Last edited:
If you live in San Antonio TX than I saw your white fender flairs on the side of Interstate-35 going West and Loop 410. I think that is the third time I'v seen one on the side of the road this year.

Back