• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best tire choice

Do you ever drive in the snow? If so, stay away from the KM2s.

I've put 30K on them and for every condition other than snow they have been exceptional.

Snow is another story. They have personally tried to kill me three different times. The first two I thought maybe it was my crappy driving but the last time I was with three other Jeeps. The only two with KM2s had the same problem. Going down hill if there is any type of side hill at all they will uncontrollably send you downhill.

I have never had a problem like this...

Do you ever drive in the snow? If so, stay away from the KM2s.

I've put 30K on them and for every condition other than snow they have been exceptional.

Snow is another story. They have personally tried to kill me three different times. The first two I thought maybe it was my crappy driving but the last time I was with three other Jeeps. The only two with KM2s had the same problem. Going down hill if there is any type of side hill at all they will uncontrollably send you downhill.
X2. snow+km2 brings the suck, they tend to bury in the deep stuff too

but ultimately its preference, pick a tire and go with it, too many opinions on a question like this....just like ylink vs 3link blah blah blah, put yer purse down, make a decision, wheel, learn, then make better/educated decision next time

Definite BFGoodrich fan, Ive had my Kms for i dont know how long now. I have been wanting KM2s but they had that backorder on 12.50s for so long.

might go GY mtrs.... unsure

i cant wait to take the km2's out in the snow and do accidental hellspins

ok i found black steels and bfg at's 32X11.50/15's 60% tread life left 120.00
i just brought them home. installing re 3.5 kit monday and will post pics
thanks for all the help, when they wear out or i have a couple bucks im going km2's

I have been wanting KM2s but they had that backorder on 12.50s for so long.

Thats what I ran into as well so I went with M.T. Baja MTZ. They are alot quieter than I thought they would be. Not sure about the snow thing yet but will find out soon???

I went from MT/Rs (originals, not Kevlars) to DuraTracs and could not be happier. Exceptional performance all the way around, but I have yet to test them in snow (the season is coming, though). It's nice to have a tire that bites like hell in slick conditions. Road noise is surprisingly low.

I went from MT/Rs (originals, not Kevlars) to DuraTracs and could not be happier. Exceptional performance all the way around, but I have yet to test them in snow (the season is coming, though). It's nice to have a tire that bites like hell in slick conditions. Road noise is surprisingly low.

I run these tires as well and i could not ask for such a quiet tire. The noise is a dull hum at free way speeds. I could not believe it.. And they get unbelievable traction in mud. Like he said, snow season is just a short bit away. Nothing beats a good Ohio winter to put your tires to the test.

Multi Mile MTX!!!
So far these are by far the best tires I have put on a 4x4. I've only had them a month so not sure about long term but if they wear like the multi miles my buddy's have ran in the past they will be great.

A lot of bang for the buck. Very nice ride, quiet. They should work great in the snow and ice. But time will tell.

Best of luck with your tire shopping.

Don't rule out Maxxis Bighorns, similar tread pattern to the old MTR's and I've put about 40k freeway miles on them with even treadwear and no cupping. I had them siped and they've worked well on slickrock, sand and loose rocks/shale....fwiw.

Just checked my Bighorns this weekend and I am at 7/32 tread depth(19/32 new) and have just over 43,000 miles on them. Failed to mention that they perform well in the snow too.

I want new rubber before winter and found a new set of 4 for $728 delivered to my door in 285/75/16 flavor.

Back