• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best SYE

wow KarmirXJ you really got me thinking now. guess that a D300 is a much better tcase and would be sweet to have a twin stick shifter, gonna definitley be looking at this as a solution. hey KarmirXJ got anymore info for me on your tcase, like what company makes the clockingring? and what do you mean "you don't need a clocking ring. You can get away w/ a spacer for$80"??? thanks, look forward to some replies!!!!!!

You can also buy a brand new 231HD w/ 6 planetary,wide chain,and HD SYE for $925.Nothing to do but install it!

So Karmir, do I need the clocking ring or just the spacer? Who makes this stuff for the D300??????? Got any pics of the install?? Am I asking for a lot?? LOL

pics are in the works.
im finished with the project. I tell you I am so glad i did it and ditched the **** box.

who makes it

DownEastoffroad makes this kit
Danabg.jpg

4x4groupbuy has it... I got it for $550 shipped to my door. talk to Jason his really a nice guy to deal with. I got my 37s from him... he topped all of the MTR distributers. thats a plus in my book.:)

included all the seals. and AA twin stick shifter that the Atlas uses.
no. you do not need to have a clocking ring. I used it because I have a flat skid that goes underneath it. Blitz im sure has one specially for the rotated D300. (youll need 7/8" spaceer to be exact)

the Only PITA is the shifters. You need to cut your consule and trim the shifter whole in your tranny tunnel. but all in all im very glad I did it..

I will post pics as soon as i get my digi from the repair shop.:(

I have to throw in a vote for the AA SYE from Tom Woods with his HD driveshaft. Best investment I have ever made on the Jeep. I know that my t-case can now handle anything I will throw at it.

Sweet Karmir, thanks for the help. Definitely post the pics when available, again thanks, Judd definitely the way I'm leaning now is to put a D300 in my junk!

Karmir, does anyone make an adapter to bolt the D300 to an AW4 4speed auto behind a 4.0???

you dont need an adapter, its bolts up... alteast to my Aw4:D:D:D

you can do it one of two ways.

1. you need a 7/8" spacer cuz the input on the xcase a bit too long, ytou can either go with a spacer ring, or a clocking ring(I went with a clocking ring to kill 2 birds with 1 stone:D). there is alot of info on this on here. and Pirate4x4.com search youll find some good info.

2. you can grind off the edge of the alluminum input housing and eliminate the need of a spacer. this can be done by two ways. 1 do it yourself with a mill/ hacksaw /grinder (whatever works best for you) or you can call AA, they ahve the correct housing+ it comes with a sealed bearing. (dont think it will cost you over $50)

hope this helps

there is one more IMPORTANT thing I forgot to mention about flipped D300 in general...

D300 bolt pattern is NOT symetrical if you flip the D300 the bolt pattern will NOT line up.

there is only 2 cures for this.

1. there are special rings just for clocked 300s out their, one would be 'Blitz cranker' Email Cary Morgan about it.

2. you have to redrill your tranny bolt pattern (this is what I did) 2 of the 6 bolts will not line with the tranny bolt pattern, it will be the 1 oclock bolt, and the 3 oclock bolt, that will NOT line up, they need to be oblongated
hope this helps..

[EDIT] I found this site on flipped d300s, she did a nice rightup on here site...
http://homepage.mac.com/rv6a/d300.html

Karmir, again thanks a million for the help, it is very much appreciated, Judd

Back