• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Spark Plugs

Gimmicky trick double throwdown wierdo plugs are sold for one reason...to try to hook you into buying them...they WILL NOT work better than a standard plug...they will in a lot of cases make the motor run worse. I like NGK...any major brand will work...single electrode plats are fine....iridium is not needed unless you run boosted (they won't melt easy)...

I run the hotter plug cause I was knocking and fouling some. Took care of that issue, I have not noticed any loss of power. They would be too hot for a stock motor.

On a side not if you look at the PN I gave you, they are the same heat range. the number I gave you corresponds to a v-power plug like I use. I am running a zfr6-11. It is that first number in the PN that is the heat range

urban yan said:
II am, however, curious if iridium plugs are worth the coin... unfortunately nobody makes them for our application..

I Have Autolite XP Iridiums, not sure if they make that much of difference, my dad got em for me. I just bought some Champions, getting some bad gas mileage and wanted to see if theyll make a difference

I'm almost thinking about buying one of the Pulstar plugs (i'll see if the shop I work at can get at warehouse prices). Afterall I am an electrical engineering student and this has got me interested. I could probly waste a lab class playing with this thing and get a grade for it. :lecture::lecture:A co-worker said he tried a set of what most people would call a "gimick" plug/wire set and saw a gain in power on the engine dyno. I will have to ask him which ones they were.
I just want to play with one for a while.:dunce:

~Alex

Back